Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 4AGE Fuel Rail Connections???!!!
oliwb

posted on 2/6/08 at 06:17 PM Reply With Quote
4AGE Fuel Rail Connections???!!!

Hi Guys, trying to plumb in this 1600 Toyota 4age engine on a Mojo. I'm needing a bit of help to identify what sort of connectors I need to buy and where to hook things up. Hopefully attached is a pic which shows the fuel rail. I'm using standard 8mm (I think it is) high pressure injection rubber hose throughout so need some sort of push fit connectors I can jubilee clip in place. I've also got an adjustable fuel regulator which I was planning on using. So what I think is that I need to get some sort of banjo bolt adaptor (not sure of size) to fit in connector labeled 'B'. I think I need to blank off 'A' and attach the fuel return to the tank on 'D' and a vacuum hose on 'C' from the inlet manifold to regulate the pressure (in which case I won't need my adjustable regulator? Does this seem about right? My only other plan of attack is to remove the regulator attached to the fuel rail and blank this off with a plate and gasket and use 'A' and 'B' as an inlet and outlet with my regulator placed in-line on the fuel return. I'd be grateful if anyone can confirm if this is correct or total rubbish. Also if anyone knows what size of bolts and fittings I might need and where I can get them from that would be great also. Cheers. Oli. Rescued attachment Fuel-Rail-Small.jpg
Rescued attachment Fuel-Rail-Small.jpg

If your not living life on the edge you're taking up too much room!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
imp paul

posted on 2/6/08 at 08:13 PM Reply With Quote
if you take it out of Phil's garage you could swing it in to the river dee lol
jollygreengiant

posted on 2/6/08 at 09:10 PM Reply With Quote
Not sure about A.

B should be fuel inlet.
C should be Vacuum from inlet manifold to operate pressure regulator.
D should be Fuel return to tank.

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

Schrodinger

posted on 2/6/08 at 09:51 PM Reply With Quote
I'm not sure other than the regulator which you have correct. If you choose to use your adjustable regulator, I would look to fabricate a fitting to get it to take the fuel from the same place as the current regulator as you may get a problem with "hot " fuel in your rail if you take it from A (if that's possible).

Keith
Aviemore

rick q

posted on 2/6/08 at 11:16 PM Reply With Quote
This is the rail on my smallport :-

A is fuel inlet & B is fuel to the cold start injector. Hope that helps.

DaveFJ

posted on 3/6/08 at 08:55 AM Reply With Quote
A minor point - you mention using jubilee clips for the fuel hoses... don't! it's an SVA fail...

You need to use the proper fuel injection type hose clamps the ones with a nut/bolt affair...

cheers

Dave

"In Support of Help the Heroes" - Always

oliwb

posted on 3/6/08 at 05:42 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Rick I think that solves it. I obviously just need to blank off the cold start injector as we're using a set of TB's so won't be using it. I know about the jubilee clip thingy. The car is already on the road so not an SVA issue but will use the 'proper' clamps anyhow to be on the safe side. Anyone know what the thread would be for the bolts in the fuel rail? Is it a standard size? Cheers Oli.

If your not living life on the edge you're taking up too much room!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.