Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Spax shocks bolt size
skodaman

posted on 4/6/08 at 11:03 PM Reply With Quote
Spax shocks bolt size

Anyone know what diameter bolts spax shocks take? 12mm won't fit and 10mm gives loads of freeplay. 11mm might fit but can't buy any. So I guess they're non-metric. They came off fleabay have 1.9 diameter springs and came off a Westfield if this helps. Also they have M 74 stamped on the spring retainers.
Cheers.

Skodaman

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
procomp

posted on 5/6/08 at 06:56 AM Reply With Quote
Hi they usually use 7/16 unf. =11.1mm.

I cant remember the actual dimension of the spax bushing but there might be room to bore the inner sleeve out to 12mm. which may make life easier for you as there are not many manufacturers using brackets with 7/16 size bolts except for Westfield Sylva and ourselfs.

HTH cheers Matt

[Edited on 5/6/08 by procomp]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
BillHoll

posted on 5/6/08 at 07:45 AM Reply With Quote
I had the very same problem. The way I got round it was by opening up the bush to 12mm. I did this in several stages by increasing the drill size each time. As long as you have enough wall thickness in the bush you will be ok. Do not try to take it all out in one go or you could end up destroying the rubber.
02GF74

posted on 5/6/08 at 08:07 AM Reply With Quote
see my response for the same question

procomp

posted on 5/6/08 at 08:53 AM Reply With Quote
There are the 7/16 and 1/2 but these came from a westfield which use 7/16unf.

Cheers Matt

skodaman

posted on 5/6/08 at 10:40 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks guys. Why can't everyone go metric?

Skodaman

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.