Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Broke down last night...sort of!
adithorp

posted on 12/6/08 at 11:20 AM Reply With Quote
Broke down last night...sort of!

I went out for a blat and show off the car to some mates last night. Coming around a corner in a lane and feeding the throttle in when I hit a pot-hole. Cough, splutter and its dead.

Tried bumping it while it was still rolling...nothing. Tried restarting...nothing. So I'm just wondering what to do and had I got Worx's number on my mobile ('cos I was a couple of miles from Middlewich) when I spot the engine stop switch is off! Bloody fob on the ignition keyring had jumped about and knocked it off!

So I thrashed its arse all the way home. Think I need to modify the switch.

adrian

Guinness

posted on 12/6/08 at 11:22 AM Reply With Quote

Mike

BenB

posted on 12/6/08 at 11:26 AM Reply With Quote
Good spot!!!
In a moment of panic it's easy to overlook the obvious things!!!
Does the engine-off switch just cut power to the engine (kind of like it suggests ). I know if you suddenly disconnect battery isolator switches you can fry the electrical bits inside the ECU etc unless it's an FIA type....

worX

posted on 12/6/08 at 11:32 AM Reply With Quote
Well I would of loved to of helped out, but knowing me I'd of missed something simple like an engine kill-switch too (at first)

I have to say, it's why I use the toggle switches with "aero covers" and I spin the cover round so that it is a completed circuit when closed and therefore can't be knocked off...

U2U sent with number Adrian, stop by next time you are over this way, I'd love to see your car - mind you I will see it at Anglesey in 4 weeks anyway!

Steve

ibakes

posted on 12/6/08 at 03:15 PM Reply With Quote
Done that with my first bike

Got home, hit the kill switch instead of the key, next morning wouldnt start, pushed it about a mile to my brothers workshop.... got a call later in the day with him just laughing

Glad to hear it was an easy fix tho

[Edited on 12/6/08 by ibakes]

adithorp

posted on 12/6/08 at 04:57 PM Reply With Quote
Yes, the engine stop is as on the bike. Its not needed as you can just switch of with the ignition key but you need it to scroll through the ECU test sequence on the bike dash.

I have your Numbers on my phone Steve so I'll call you next time I'm over that way. Couldn't last night though as I had my mates 10 year old out for a ride. He had to be home for 8.30; Not that he'd be able to sleep though!

Missile switch type cover is the mod' I've got planned.

adrian

mad-butcher

posted on 12/6/08 at 06:53 PM Reply With Quote
I've got a green light wired into the kill switch ,
tony

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.