Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Cadwell 16th June
Rob Bartley

posted on 13/6/08 at 11:51 AM Reply With Quote
Cadwell 16th June

Just booked up for Cadwell this coming Monday. Will be my 1st trackday in over 2 years

Really looking forward to it but cr#@ing myself at the same time

Anyone else heading there?

Rob

I WILL get out again!!

I have a little bit......need more......

worX

posted on 13/6/08 at 11:52 AM Reply With Quote
I prob shouldn't bother speaking for him, but Jubal (Derek) is going over there for his first trackday in a long long time (for him!)

Steve

Jubal

posted on 13/6/08 at 12:16 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah, I'm there. Just had two new tyres fitted this morning so am now hoping for a relatively dry day.

I'm in a small group, as well as my blue car there's a black Sprint R and a Honda'd Elise S2. It looks to be quite quiet unless they get a rush on over the weekend.

See you there Rob!

Rob Bartley

posted on 13/6/08 at 12:22 PM Reply With Quote
Great stuff!!

You can show me the way round

BTW are you going through Lotus on Track?

I WILL get out again!!

Jubal

posted on 13/6/08 at 12:27 PM Reply With Quote
Booked thru Easytrack. I guess it's a shared day. Having only been there once before and with a new engine in the car etc I'm doubtful I'll be showing anyone the way
Gezza

posted on 14/6/08 at 12:04 PM Reply With Quote
Watch out for red flags, cos gezzas going too

But you will be ok am, i can only make the afternoon stint, see you there.

gerry

worX

posted on 14/6/08 at 03:31 PM Reply With Quote
Yaayyy Gerry on track!

Have you got a set of decent tyres yet mate? I know yours were free but they aren't the best!

Steve
quote:
Originally posted by Gezza
Watch out for red flags, cos gezzas going too

But you will be ok am, i can only make the afternoon stint, see you there.

gerry

eccsmk

posted on 14/6/08 at 03:38 PM Reply With Quote
i cant go im working away

[Edited on 14/6/08 by eccsmk]

Gezza

posted on 14/6/08 at 07:31 PM Reply With Quote
Now going for full day, staying at the splash tommorow night, and new 888,s steve, get ready ha ha red flags everywhere....

gerry

Jubal

posted on 16/6/08 at 07:54 PM Reply With Quote
Great to see everyone today. My car snapped the gear change cable early doors but felt good up to that point. No spare meant day over. However...

Massive thanks to Gezza who took me out for a passenger ride and then handed over the keys and let me thrash the pants of his busa powered car. He didn't even want to ride shotgun! What a trusting chap He also let me critique his driving style without punching me

Andy D

posted on 16/6/08 at 08:24 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jubal
Great to see everyone today. My car snapped the gear change cable early doors but felt good up to that point. No spare meant day over. However...

Massive thanks to Gezza who took me out for a passenger ride and then handed over the keys and let me thrash the pants of his busa powered car. He didn't even want to ride shotgun! What a trusting chap He also let me critique his driving style without punching me

Shame about the cable problem, how much time did you get in before it went? any video?

Jubal

posted on 16/6/08 at 08:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Andy D

Shame about the cable problem, how much time did you get in before it went? any video?

I do have some but it ain't great. I was three laps in on the first session missing gears etc, then back in to adjust things, two more laps and it snapped

Gezza has three cameras on his car I'm sure he will enjoy replaying the bit where I stick it in 1st as I'm going for 3rd Oooops. All he needs now is to learn how to post them

Andy D

posted on 16/6/08 at 08:43 PM Reply With Quote
Oh dear, not good.. get 'er sorted for Angy! Maybe need to carry spare cables?
Jubal

posted on 16/6/08 at 09:02 PM Reply With Quote
I'm going with rods rather than cables, maybe a paddle shift if time and parts allow. There's no doubt a cable could be made to work but it needs to be better planned than the one I had fitted.
Gezza

posted on 17/6/08 at 05:20 AM Reply With Quote
Hi all, great day out, good to meet everyone and good to stay on track for a change, thanks for the driving tips derek, shame about the cable on your car hope you get it sorted for anglsey. I will look at the video and try to post some pics as well, i bought the track photosbefore i left, there are some good ones of both you and me driving. I to have a few jobs to do before anglsey but i hope to be there work permitting.

gerry

Rob Bartley

posted on 17/6/08 at 07:38 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks to Gerry & Derek for all the help yesterday Much appreciated & great to meet some forumers, if that's the right phrase!!

Shame I could only manage 6 or 7 laps with one problem or another Nay mind, chin up a chocs away & all that malarky.

Can't wait to see some of your footage Gezza, nice bit of kit with the 2 screens

I WILL get out again!!

procomp

posted on 17/6/08 at 08:05 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Rob what problems did you have.

And when is this Angelsey track day i am keen to get a run at this track since the 750 where there. I was feeling gutted stood there watching and not getting to drive the circuit.

Cheers Matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Jubal

posted on 17/6/08 at 08:48 AM Reply With Quote
Anglesey thread here.
Jubal

posted on 17/6/08 at 10:57 AM Reply With Quote
Here are my vids, following my mate's Elise TypeR here. The start of my gear change issues

Following Gezza here for a measly one lap with a few missed changes before the cable gives up completely.

I was actually pleased with the performance. The TypeR is 220bhp and down the straights he only gets away due to aero.

PAUL FISHER

posted on 17/6/08 at 03:43 PM Reply With Quote
Shame about the shift cable Derek,it must have been fustrating,I don't like cable shifts,just find them too slow,looked like the weather was good too.
Andy D

posted on 17/6/08 at 06:08 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Following Gezza here for a measly one lap with a few missed changes before the cable gives up completely.

Did you find a gear to get up that steep hill on the exit road?, or was it a push job.. Nice vids, just a pity they're a bit brief.

Jubal

posted on 17/6/08 at 06:47 PM Reply With Quote
I think I had third and laboured up the hill at about 30mph! Still, it was a close run thing I made it to Cadwell anyway, Hardly anytime for testing so I was half expecting something to break. Frustrating, especially as it was avoidable.

The cable shift had been badly fitted by you know who and the bracket had bent when testing the car on the road. Probably taking the cable beyond its limits in the process. worX helped me fix the bracket but I guess the damage was already done. I'd wanted to change it anyway but ran out of time before Cadwell.

Gezza

posted on 18/6/08 at 06:58 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Chris, yes it lasted ok, many thanks for your help, good day out shame about the other cars but im sure next time will be more succsesfull.

gerry

Rob Bartley

posted on 18/6/08 at 07:58 AM Reply With Quote
Matt,

I had a horrid misfire, so much so i had to be pulled back 1st felt a bit like it was dropping a cylinder but the coughing & spluttering made me think not.

It was strange as i could get a lap or so ok then once things had warmed up a little & it was under load then..........splutter, splutter!! Also had a flat battery & appear to have a bit of a oil leak.

When i get chance i'm gonna get the battery charged & see what the battery is kicking out at idle then under a bit of load to check the alt. Not sure though.....Any thoughts? The sparkers & leads appeared ok. Maybe fuel pump or regulator?? Dunno....

Cheers,

Rob

I WILL get out again!!

procomp

posted on 18/6/08 at 08:27 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Rob with the car being stored for a fair time it could be carbs - coil - leads.

I will U2U.

Cheers Matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.