Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: First visit to Mac#1
StevieB

posted on 14/6/08 at 05:58 PM Reply With Quote
First visit to Mac#1

Paid my first visit to Mac#1 today to pick up a carbon dash and some switches - ended up parting with a fair bit more cash whilst I was there too!

Top bunch of guys and only wish I'd been to see them before now, and also before I'd bought my ki elsewhere too!

[Edited on 14/6/08 by StevieB]

Flamez

posted on 14/6/08 at 06:03 PM Reply With Quote
Yes I can support that, i called in on Wed to order my kit, a workZX10R and found both colin and mark to be top guys with great advice. A really friendly atmosphere.

Glad I ordered with them and would recommend to others.

bigrich

posted on 14/6/08 at 09:33 PM Reply With Quote
Did you go this morning Steve, i was there after dinner giving one of the lads a hand to wire up the zx10r in the corner. would have been good to meet a fellow Locostbuilder user

A pint for the gent and a white wine/fruit based drink for the lady. Those are the rules

StevieB

posted on 14/6/08 at 09:45 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah, I was there early doors.

I was quite impressed with the WorX chassis (presumably the one you were working on with the ZX10).

I'll definately be considering them for my next build, if only they'd address the styling a little (nosecone, bonnet and pref 1 piece sides and rear tub) to go with the upgraded chassis

bigrich

posted on 14/6/08 at 10:03 PM Reply With Quote
What did you think to the new 13 inch wheels that they have commisioned, quite sexy i think

A pint for the gent and a white wine/fruit based drink for the lady. Those are the rules

StevieB

posted on 14/6/08 at 10:23 PM Reply With Quote
Put it this way - I WAS going to get some CXR's at a later date, but I may well be changing my mind!

I've had my sierra wheels powder coated and have just had some 14" R888's put on. As soon as those tryes are worn, I'll be back at Mac1 for a set of those beauties!

TimC

posted on 15/6/08 at 08:03 AM Reply With Quote
Are there any pics of these wheels yet?

mac1

posted on 15/6/08 at 10:26 AM Reply With Quote
Chris, the wheels weigh 4.68 kgs painted, and fitted with a 205/60 x 13 R888 they weigh 12.7 kgs. Available in et 15 to et 35

HTH

Mark

Triton

posted on 15/6/08 at 10:35 AM Reply With Quote
Sexy wheels, have they got mac1 embossed on them?

My Daughter has taken over production of the damn fine Triton race seats and her contact email is emmatrs@live.co.uk.

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mac1

posted on 15/6/08 at 11:12 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Mark, hope you are still taking the blue smarties, the wheels are embossed with Team Dynamics Racing on the rim, but they are exclusive to MAC#1, we decided against embossing MAC#1 on them so that they'd compliment other makes of cars such as Westy, Cateringvans, MK's, Luegos,MNR's and MK's to name a few.

Mark

TimC

posted on 15/6/08 at 05:09 PM Reply With Quote
Yikes Mark & Colin - those are niiiice!

JIZZSTER

posted on 17/6/08 at 06:10 PM Reply With Quote
having my wheels powder coated orange to match my chassis cant wait to get it the boys be starting on my chasis soon I hope
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mr_pr

posted on 24/6/08 at 05:24 PM Reply With Quote
I also paid my first visit to them today.

Unfortunately couldn't get out in a car, but they have invited me back so not to worry.

Brilliant in terms of helping me with decisions and looking at costs. I am very much looking forward to starting now.

Also the mac#1 wheels look bloody great.

Ed

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.