Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Europa Lights
JoelP

posted on 6/12/03 at 12:40 AM Reply With Quote
Europa Lights

Anyone had the combi back clusters off europa? part no 0086

http://www.europaspares.com/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_Indicator_and_Brake_6.html

its the one at the top. cant make a pic work.

anyway, i got a pair delivered the other day and its not a good thing. no wire inside the damn thing, needs taking apart! a good few bulbs i cant work out, and the plastic cover thingy doesnt fit on properly, just rocks on two damn flanges inside. Plus an odd see thru bit on top like a plate light, but its nowhere near the plate? Im confused...

suppose i could just pick a socket and wire it up how i want, but i was hoping it would be mostly assembled. Also if i do it there will be one or two bulbs missing as they seem unnecessary.

anyone bought any of these?

Ben_Copeland

posted on 6/12/03 at 09:31 AM Reply With Quote

These ones ?

Why would there be one or tow bulbs missing? Surely they would all be needed, unless theres a bulb for this see thru bit you mention!?

If it doesn't fit together properly, send it back and get your money back. Obviously not up to the job and not what you really need/want. Plus, will they fit on a rear wing ?? They might be too wide for the wing/SVA regs?

Ben

Locost Map on Google Maps

Z20LET Astra Turbo, into a Haynes Roadster

Enter Your Details Here
http://www.facebook.com/EquinoxProducts for all your bodywork needs!

Peteff

posted on 6/12/03 at 10:39 AM Reply With Quote
Don't know about that one but the others are mostly available as trailer lights at a third of Europa price. Have a look in your car spares or trailer parts shop and ask if they have a Ring or Britax catalogue you can examine. All dimensions are in there.

yours, Pete.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

colibriman

posted on 6/12/03 at 01:08 PM Reply With Quote
any body come across or used any nicer looking lights..
all the ones i've seen look like they are straight off a trailer...
cheers
colin

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
pbura

posted on 6/12/03 at 02:24 PM Reply With Quote
I like these from Stafford Vehicle Components:

Can't make up my mind between these, Caterham-type, or early A-H Sprite/TR2/MGA lights:

Pete

Pete

JoelP

posted on 6/12/03 at 04:48 PM Reply With Quote
well i went to an auto jumble today and say some for £6. i feel ill. May well try to send them back, then just get a trailer board from halfwits for £15 squids.

those £6 ones might have been missing a few lights, like reverse, but still damn cheap.

also saw auto-darkening weld masks for 50 quid, after i paid 180 for mine.

Hellfire

posted on 6/12/03 at 05:25 PM Reply With Quote
Alternatively...

have a look at this website for some idea's... they have Britax on-line too.

CLICK HERE

colibriman

posted on 7/12/03 at 12:00 AM Reply With Quote
i was at a place in glasgow yesterday that had the trailer type for 3 quid .......
real shame i'm fussy.....it's gonna cost me i think.......

colin

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
stephen_gusterson

posted on 7/12/03 at 12:13 AM Reply With Quote
do bear in mind any lights ought to be E marked or you will have to prove compliance at SVA to the requirements of the regs

not all lamps for sale are E marked....

for example, the TR2 ones are not

atb

steve

Peteff

posted on 7/12/03 at 09:38 AM Reply With Quote
If they shine and they don't have sharp edges surely they will comply. The only problem could be where you fit them, which is what the tester will definitely look at. All the Britax ones are type approved as they are fitted to commercial vehicles tested at the same stations as the SVA is carried out at.

yours, Pete.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

splitrivet

posted on 8/12/03 at 10:18 AM Reply With Quote
How about those hamburger ones,round red at the top and botton and indicator in between, priced em up at a local truck factors £6 each ,seen em fitted to loads of trucks so they've gotta be compliant.
I think stafford are selling em at £15 each.
Cheers,
Bob

I used to be a Werewolf but I'm alright nowwoooooooooooooo

Peteff

posted on 8/12/03 at 12:51 PM Reply With Quote
They're the ones I was looking at earlier. The artic trailers use 3 on each side and they really catch your eye. I wonder if you could get 2 side by side on a locost wing.

yours, Pete.

yours, Pete

Spyderman

posted on 8/12/03 at 02:16 PM Reply With Quote
Those truck style ones need to be mounted vertically or will not comply.
Look good though!

Spyderman

splitrivet

posted on 8/12/03 at 03:55 PM Reply With Quote
I thought about making a hole to let em into the wing then glassing round em so that they look part of the wing itself so should look cool.Looked em up on Staffords site they want £35 a pair the robbing bastards !!!
Cheers,
Bob

[Edited on 8/12/03 by splitrivet]

I used to be a Werewolf but I'm alright nowwoooooooooooooo

RichyMkIndy

posted on 8/12/03 at 09:08 PM Reply With Quote
i had problems with europa

always use SVC if you can there much better everything is better quality too, SVC are a smaller company and they look after thier cutomers, europa are just a faceless demontweeks competitor

i was told i need an electronic sender (the magnet thigs on the prop) when i had a MT75 which has the digital output.
i posted this way back you can check it out here :

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=6713

brianm

posted on 14/12/03 at 08:35 PM Reply With Quote
Bought a pair of these hamburger lights at the Exeter show for £5 each from one of the firms mentioned above. 15 yards away, the other firm was selling them for £35 pair!
JoelP

posted on 15/12/03 at 10:25 AM Reply With Quote
on a brighter note, though expensive, im not too annoyed with these lights now. Got me head round them, they have the brake and tail lights seperate. Plus i found the tab for the fog light so the lens doesnt need to come out.

still need a bit of plastic shaving off...

mad4x4

posted on 18/1/04 at 01:00 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by splitrivet
How about those hamburger ones,round red at the top and botton and indicator in between, priced em up at a local truck factors £6 each ,seen em fitted to loads of trucks so they've gotta be compliant.
I think stafford are selling em at £15 each.
Cheers,
Bob

Have you seen these in real life ---- TOO BIG, they'd look stupid

Scot's do it better in Kilts.

MK INDY's Don't Self Centre Regardless of MK Setting !

Steve @ sVc

posted on 26/1/04 at 09:39 AM Reply With Quote
Europe Lights

In defence of SVC, the “hamburger” lights we offer are made in Germany by Hella – one of the biggest light makers around.
The lenses are not just polystyrene, they are made from a thermoplastics alloy and are fuel resistant.
They cost us much more than the ones from China that are flooding the market.
We decided not the sell the lower cost alternative having had problems with lights (and fans) from this importer.
At the end of the day, you get what you pay for.
All the best
Steve @ sVc

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.