Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: CO2 gas bottles
Dickyboy

posted on 17/6/08 at 07:54 AM Reply With Quote
CO2 gas bottles

To avoid paying disposable canister prices I need a refillable item, does anyone know:-
How easy to get the "pub style" cylinders refilled?
How to adapt the outlet on those cylinders to a regulator from either a disposable or BOC type cylinder?

Mr Whippy

posted on 17/6/08 at 08:11 AM Reply With Quote
where are you going to get your gas from? They will probably only be willing to fill correctly fitted and marked cylinders

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
BillHoll

posted on 17/6/08 at 08:25 AM Reply With Quote
I use a local fire extinguisher supplier, he will happily refill a pub type bottle or for a depoisit of £10 you can have one of his bottles. Cost is about £8 to refill and this lasts for several projects. I use the pub type regulator that you can set the output pressure but it does not have gauge to tell you how much is left. I do not find this as a problem as I have 2 bottles. Weld quality is good as you can afford to increase the pressure slightly if you are welding outside.
coozer

posted on 17/6/08 at 08:48 AM Reply With Quote
Local beer wholesaler sell them for about £15, no deposit. I got my regulator (and all the other beer gear) off ebay.

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

jamiepearson69

posted on 17/6/08 at 11:35 AM Reply With Quote
Gas Bottle

I Hire a Co2 bottle from my local Gas supplier. Cost about £8 a year I think and then not much to fill it up.

With regard to the regulator, I got an argon regulator and then the bloke changed the fitting for a CO2 one. This was in Scotland However!

mad4x4

posted on 17/6/08 at 11:39 AM Reply With Quote
ANy welding supplier will supply a regulator to go onto a pub bottle as it is the same as the BOC full size bottles.

Should also be able to get regulators on Ebay

I have a spare Agon one if anyone whats it (new £20) U2U me

Scot's do it better in Kilts.

MK INDY's Don't Self Centre Regardless of MK Setting !

NS Dev

posted on 18/6/08 at 07:05 PM Reply With Quote
1) I use NWS gases, part of nuneaton welding supplies, in nuneaton (google it) they charge £12 a fill for pub bottles and supply them on a "no hire charge" basis, you just sign for the first one and they swap em from then on.

2) Use either a CO2 regulator, available from welding supply shops (the CO2 one has the correct r/h thread female coupler instead of the r/h thread male one as on argon OR speak to your friendly landlord who will prob have an old regulator laying about for feeding kegs. Most are adjustable usually with an allen key and are fine for welding.

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

MikeR

posted on 18/6/08 at 07:47 PM Reply With Quote
I second nuneaton welding supplies.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.