Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Wind-deflector
Krismc

posted on 18/6/08 at 05:46 PM Reply With Quote
Wind-deflector

Im hopefully going to order a windscreen soon from Mnr(hopefully end of month- but might be next) but as i have a rather long journey ahead of me, and i might be working in scotland possibly around the time i have to pick the car up from bec-owners in staffs, its about several hours in Vortx with the possibility of rain and on motorways, so i was thinking of making a temp wind deflector and wondering what people had tried and failed and if there is any tried and proven ideas.

if not im going too tell work i have other commitments, cause im desperate to get this car back.

Built, Ivaed, Drove and now Sold - 2011 MNR VORTX RT+ 2000cc Zetec on R1 Throttle boddies.

Krismc

posted on 18/6/08 at 05:50 PM Reply With Quote
oh and i know MNR sell a wind deflector, but im not very tall and it isnt see through, althought its a very nice piece of kit......

latest 2
latest 2

[Edited on 18/6/08 by Krismc]

Built, Ivaed, Drove and now Sold - 2011 MNR VORTX RT+ 2000cc Zetec on R1 Throttle boddies.

Guinness

posted on 18/6/08 at 06:17 PM Reply With Quote
I wouldn't worry about it Kris. Get yourself a decent set of waterproofs, a helmet and one of those bikers "neck / bib / scarf" things and you'll be fine.

The MNR has the built in aero scuttle which should see most of the rain hit you square in the head!

I hit a few heavy showers around Edinburgh at the weekend and once got really rained on enroute from Stoneleigh. Best bet is to keep the speed up and sort of hunker down in the seat, with just your visor above the scuttle. The only rain that gets you in that position is what drips off the helmet.

HTH

Mike

Krismc

posted on 20/6/08 at 02:21 PM Reply With Quote
ok i trust you, ive got a helment and scarf thing, and some all in one waterproofs.

ill let you know how i get on.

neilj37

posted on 20/6/08 at 03:21 PM Reply With Quote
Do not worry about it. I drove my MNR from London to Aberdeen via Harrogate just wearing waterproofs and a helmet

[Edited on 20/6/08 by neilj37]

TimC

posted on 20/6/08 at 03:52 PM Reply With Quote
I'm not very tall either (5"7) and I can't see the need for one. - The scuttle will do a decent job I reckon.

bitsilly
Contributor

Posts 726
Registered 9/6/05

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Flexibility into my marriage, bless her!

posted on 20/6/08 at 04:28 PM Reply With Quote
5"7' is actually really tall!

The only thing I can add is if you have the hard seats then stick a pad them behind where the helmet repeatedly hits.
I also put some roll bar padding on the bar inside the drivers footwell where my right knee kept hitting, that stopped all the usual bruising!
I'm going to stop now as I sound like a soft old git!!

bitsilly
Contributor

Posts 726
Registered 9/6/05

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Flexibility into my marriage, bless her!

posted on 20/6/08 at 04:30 PM Reply With Quote
huh!
I mean stick a small pad where the helmet hits the seat, it helps!

Krismc

posted on 22/6/08 at 06:04 PM Reply With Quote
ive got nice leather roadster seven seats.(all squigy). but that means i sit 4 inches higher than every one with plastic seats.

..will that matter!

andy.autograss

posted on 28/6/08 at 02:19 PM Reply With Quote
wear a lid

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.