Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: What alloys have you fitted?
scoobyis2cool

posted on 10/12/03 at 08:59 PM Reply With Quote
What alloys have you fitted?

I was just wondering what alloys people have fitted/are thinking of fitting to their creations? I'm quite tempted by some OZ Superleggeras, expensive but sooo nice!

Pete

It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care...

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Stu16v

posted on 10/12/03 at 09:54 PM Reply With Quote
FWIW, the OZ superleggeras are one of the cheapest quality alloys you can buy, and very light too, for their size.

I have 15" Compomotive ML's fitted to mine. From the outset, I was always gonna fit the 'Minilite' style alloys to my car, and they came up at the right price, and for a change at the right time....

Dont just build it.....make it!

greggors84

posted on 10/12/03 at 11:11 PM Reply With Quote
Me and rich are still looking for some Superleggeras, we were going to buy some new, but decided we couldnt afford them, still looking out for some, prefer the darker colour.

Austin (MK9R) has got a good deal on his, so there are some out there to be had for agood price.

Chris

The Magnificent 7!

RichyMkIndy

posted on 11/12/03 at 01:26 AM Reply With Quote
please someone, but thier leggras on ebay
MK9R

posted on 11/12/03 at 07:25 AM Reply With Quote
You can get them direct from the importers for a tad over £400 now.

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.automatedtechnologygroup.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
locoboy

posted on 11/12/03 at 10:09 AM Reply With Quote
Standard ford Mondeo alloys complete with 205/55/15 Avon ZV1 all excellent tread (x5) for £180 not the lightest but look better than what i had before.

[img]http://http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/photos/showppic.pl?file=bgoalloy.jpg&archive=colmaccoll[/img]

Why the frig wont the picture appear? i did the insert image thingy and copied and pasted the Url from my photo archive?

[Edited on 11/12/03 by colmaccoll]

[Edited on 11/12/03 by colmaccoll]

ATB
Locoboy

MK9R

posted on 11/12/03 at 10:14 AM Reply With Quote
your link wasn't correct

Alloy Wheel
Alloy Wheel

[Edited on 11/12/03 by MK9R]

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

locoboy

posted on 11/12/03 at 10:19 AM Reply With Quote
Ar$e

Thanks, even though i copped and pasted it out of the adress bar when i was viewing the picture in my photo archive?

Glad someone knows what they are doing round here.

ATB
Locoboy

MK9R

posted on 11/12/03 at 10:20 AM Reply With Quote
you have to do a right click, properties on the image to get the correct url

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

locoboy

posted on 11/12/03 at 10:22 AM Reply With Quote
Ahhhhh, comprendez now.

Cheers

Col the Duffer!

scoobyis2cool

posted on 11/12/03 at 06:09 PM Reply With Quote
hey mk9r, how do u get in contact with importers? i thought the £600 id seen in halfords sounded ok but £400 is a bargain! does that include tyres?

Pete

It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care...

RoadkillUK

posted on 11/12/03 at 11:23 PM Reply With Quote
I'm using the Capri Laser wheels, got them on Ebay for £22 for a set of 5 and then got them shotblasted and powdercoated for a further £100.
They look quite nice and should be pretty durable.

Picture is in my sig 'Latest Pic'

Roadkill - Lee
www.bradford7.co.uk
Latest Picture (14 Sept 2014)

TheGecko

posted on 12/12/03 at 02:37 AM Reply With Quote
To give a trans-Atlantic (and Pacific too for that matter) perspective:

I picked up (second hand) a set of four 15x7 Simmons B45's with new 205/55-15 tyres for a bit over £300 (equivalent). Hopefully the image will attach to show what they look like. These are a three piece composite wheel (cast centre, spun inner and outer rims). They're not spectactularly light at about 17kg with tyre on but they're very well made and very strong.

Dominic

MK9R

posted on 12/12/03 at 07:35 AM Reply With Quote
MOTORSPORT WHEELS
10-11 THURROCK PARK WAY
TILBURY - ESSEX
ENGLAND RM18 7HZ
Tel. +44/1375/489500
Fax +44 /1375/489501
info@mswuk.com

http://www.mswuk.com/

Go to their website to find your local branch.

These are the sole importers so Halfords buy them off these people.

The deal did not include wheels The deal at Halfords if it includes tyres sound resonable, but it does depend on the tyres. We are going for TOYO Proxes as they are known to be very good, especially in the wet and are also very light. Whats the point of spending a fortune on the lightest (cast) wheels on the market then shod them with heavy bits of rubber?? www.mytyres.net do 195/55/15 for around £40 each

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

ChrisW

posted on 12/12/03 at 09:38 AM Reply With Quote
Mytyres are muppets. They may advertise good prices but when you go to buy they are full of excuses why you can't actually get the tyres at that price. I've used blackcircles.com (might be .co.uk) a couple of times with good results. A little more expensive but worth it for peace of mind I think....?

There's a set of OZ F1's for sale here. In fact, that site (http://www.fiestaturbo.com/phpBB) is pretty good for picking up cheap alloys.

Chris

[Edited on 12/12/03 by ChrisW]

My gaff my rules

MK9R

posted on 12/12/03 at 09:49 AM Reply With Quote
fair point chris, i have only ever ordered 1 set of tyres from them and the order was cancelled due to "no stock", was a good price though and think lots of other scooby owners saw the offer and the orders went ballistic.

There are some nasty cars on that link you posted!!!

[Edited on 12/12/03 by MK9R]

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

200mph

posted on 12/12/03 at 05:12 PM Reply With Quote
Just wondering why someone would chose a good performing wet weather tyre in a car such as a locost. I know one thing for sure, if the sky isnt blue, my car wont be leaving the garage....

Surely the best performing dry tyre would be more suitable,rather than trading performance in the dry for that i the wet??

Stu16v

posted on 12/12/03 at 05:40 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Just wondering why someone would chose a good performing wet weather tyre in a car such as a locost. I know one thing for sure, if the sky isnt blue, my car wont be leaving the garage....

Which is all well and good, until it starts raining when you are out having a 'blast'. If you have ever experienced driving a 'seven style' vehicle on wet roads, you will appereciate that good wet weather grip is ESSENTIAL.

Besides, I take mine out rain or shine, in fact it can be more fun in the wet....

Dont just build it.....make it!

Fast Westie

posted on 15/12/03 at 11:05 AM Reply With Quote
Wheels, anything 13" diameter
Tyres Yoko A32r or A48r, or if you do a LOT of wet weather driving A21r

The car in front is a Westfield

greggors84

posted on 15/12/03 at 07:33 PM Reply With Quote
Austen last time i looked on blackcircle proxies were £30 they have gone up to £40 now, but i would keep checking as they may have another deal.

Chris

The Magnificent 7!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.