Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Playstation Game - Cadwell and \ or Croft
Wheels244

posted on 9/7/08 at 07:22 PM Reply With Quote
Playstation Game - Cadwell and \ or Croft

Hello All

Strange request

Does anyone know of a Playstation 1 or 2 game that has Cadwell Circuit or Croft on it i.e. Toca Touring Car ?

I'm doing my first track day at Cadwell later this month ( on my bike ) I've never been there and want to get to know the circuit - even if it is only virtual

Over to you

stevebubs

posted on 9/7/08 at 07:26 PM Reply With Quote
Not PS2, but Rfactor (PC) ....
stevebubs

posted on 9/7/08 at 07:26 PM Reply With Quote
http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Cadwell%20Park
andyw7de

posted on 9/7/08 at 07:28 PM Reply With Quote
I know that Croft is on TOCA touring cars 1 for playstation 1 not sure about Cadwell

cheers

Andy

jonno

posted on 9/7/08 at 07:33 PM Reply With Quote
Also have a look on youtube theres quite a few laps on there, it will give you a rough idea

Great circuit, hope you enjoy

having fun on a budget

Wheels244

posted on 9/7/08 at 07:41 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks chaps

Rapid response !

Unbelieveably I've still got my PS 1 Toca Touring Cars and you're right Andy, Croft is on there !

Steve - bit of a numpty question - is that for download or do I need to buy it somewhere.

Jonno
Good idea about you tube

angus.d

posted on 9/7/08 at 08:10 PM Reply With Quote
I've done trackdays at Cadwell circuit a few times on a bike, last time about 4 years ago though.

On a bike trackday you'll be doing the full circuit. If you've never been before it might be a bit of a surprise as the circuit's got a few hills and twists.

They'll let you out on the top of the mountain (a table top after a sharp rise just before the clubhouse) and one where you will be wheelieing over with a bit of guts and a few laps under your belt.

You then go through some quick left and right flicks and then a very sharp 90 degree righthander (watch for a high concrete kerb on the inside of this corner. Another 90 degree right hander sees you along a flat out straight (actually the 'proper' start/finish and into a fast left hander up a hill. The right hander at the top of this hill you need to master as you need to be laying the bike over before the brow of the hill if your going fast ! At the end of the next straight which has a dip in the middle brake hard as the corner is tighter than you think. There is an almost never ending right hander which then tightens right and flicks left down a hill (the infamous Gooseneck). Dont be too cocky there or you will bin it. At the bottom of the hill there's another deceiving left hander (might be called mansfield) again take care as the front end can let go under heavy braking and leaning it over.
The last bit is a short straight then a left and right flick and up the mountain for that wheelie !

My advice is take it very easy for the first few laps until you learn the circuit and your confidence builds (ignore other people who may be flying past you - let them get on with it). Dont be too proud to go in the novice group to start with. You can always get moved up to intermediate if your leaving the others behind.
Drink plenty of water or soft drinks as with all the concentration and effort you sweat like crazy and dehydrate.
Listen to the organisers, try to relax and enjoy youself ! Hope you have a great and safe time. Enjoy.

Angus.

oily85

posted on 9/7/08 at 10:31 PM Reply With Quote
If you've got either GTR or GTR2 for the PC, there are unofficial add-ons that include Cadwell, I've got it on both and it's pretty good.

I've just done my second trackday there, main things to get a good lap are, let the bike drift right out to the left hand edge in Charlies between the apexes, and as Chris curve opens out, again get to the left, that opens up the first part of the Gooseneck and makes the left-hander really enjoyable.

As Angus says, take it easy at Mansfield, and also brake early for it, you don't realise quite how steep the run down to it is until you try to brake and the back wheel just wants to come up. There's also a slow chicane between Mansfield and the mountain. It's slow whatever line you take, but you can overtake quite a few people by not going right out wide for the first bit, and not lose a great deal of time.

The right hander just before the start finish straight is another one to watch out for, as the track drops away from under you.

The mountain's great fun, it'll probably feel like your front wheel's 4 feet in the air, when it's actually about 6 inches.

I thought the photographers were pretty good as well, I got a CD with all 50 of the photos they took of me for £30. I also found I was pushing a lot harder wherever they were standing, which is probably fairly common. Since I've mentioned the photos I might as well post a couple
Park corner
Park corner

Me over the mountain
Me over the mountain

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
stevebubs

posted on 9/7/08 at 11:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wheels244

Steve - bit of a numpty question - is that for download or do I need to buy it somewhere.

Depends how fast you want it...

Download from rfactor.com £25
Buy from Amazon.co.uk / Play.com £18

PAUL FISHER

posted on 10/7/08 at 12:48 AM Reply With Quote
This is one of my favorite bike video's of Cadwell,he explains the circuit all the way round,hits just over 160mph on park straight,laps the circuit in 1 minute 46 seconds,gives you a good feel what the circuit is like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YrsQTjxcl0

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.