Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Tintop probs audi
quinnj3

posted on 11/7/08 at 07:37 PM Reply With Quote
Tintop probs audi

Hi my fiancee's car is a 1.6 audi A3 with aircon. The problem is that the traction control light comes on sometimes while she is driving but does not go off. Then when she stops the car and gets out the fan is running flat out for at least 5 minutes. Does anyone have any idea? I know someone on here is bound to have an idea as you people know everything!

my aim is to build my own locost wether it takes me a week or 10 years to get started, i'm sure i will sometime

Ketchup

posted on 11/7/08 at 08:00 PM Reply With Quote
does the abs light also come on when the tc light is on?

the fans will sometimes run for a while after you switch off, but i did have a fault on an a3 recently where it would stay on for an hour maybe more! turned out to be a blocked drain near the cabin filter, alowing water to flow over the blower fan air intake, into the various ecu's and causing havoc under the dash

quinnj3

posted on 11/7/08 at 08:17 PM Reply With Quote
just had a look there is no water around the pollen filter. Dry as a bone. Only the traction control light comes on and the fans only run on when the light comes on. It happens about 3 times a week. Thanks for the quick reply

my aim is to build my own locost wether it takes me a week or 10 years to get started, i'm sure i will sometime

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.