Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: waterless car cleaning
smart51

posted on 15/7/08 at 03:27 PM Reply With Quote
waterless car cleaning

What do valeters use when doing waterless car cleaning? I'm sure they don't use a dry sponge? What kind of chemical do they use?
Mr Whippy

posted on 15/7/08 at 03:31 PM Reply With Quote
not on my car they won't -

http://www.go-waterless.co.uk/waterless-car-wash.asp

[Edited on 15/7/08 by Mr Whippy]

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mr henderson

posted on 15/7/08 at 03:55 PM Reply With Quote
Sounds like a good idea, but I would want to see it being demonstrated on someone else's car before I tried it on mine.

Duncan_P

posted on 15/7/08 at 04:15 PM Reply With Quote
TBH i think its a bit of a gimic, and i know a guy who was trying to push this service locally to me a few years back.

Asside from the fact that its probably not that good for your car (grit scratches etc).......how much water is used in the production of the chemicals? Can't imagine that the chemicals are that great for the environment either.

Last year when we had a water shortage, I just used water from our rain water storage drum to wash the car. Some guy did come up and tell me there was a water shortage.......and politely got told **** off.

[Edited on 15/7/08 by Duncan_P]

mookaloid

posted on 15/7/08 at 04:29 PM Reply With Quote
I used to use it on my car all the time. On our type of car it beats washing with shampoo and water by a mile - mainly because the car doesn't fill with water cos you are hosing the soap off.

Gives a good finish too. I recommend it

Cheers

Mark

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

Mark G

posted on 15/7/08 at 05:54 PM Reply With Quote
I never took a sponge to my old skyline, It had the meguires full treatment twice a year and then in between times when it got dirty I used a meguires product called quick detailer. You spray it on and wipe it off with a micro fiber cloth.

I was often getting compliments on the fantastic respray and people rarely believed that the paintwork was 13 years old.

I'll use it again on the indy when its ready.

Can't recommend it enough. I must stress though that you do need to quick clay the body first and then use the paint cleaner, then polish and then wax. Then quick detail after that for the next 6-10 months untill you feel like doing it again.

nitram38

posted on 15/7/08 at 08:16 PM Reply With Quote
I have used "Greased Lightning's Spray and Shine".
Good to take to shows for a quick clean up.
Much quicker than washing.

smart51

posted on 16/7/08 at 07:04 AM Reply With Quote
I don't want to use it, I want to know what the chemical is so we can test our new product at work to check that it is resistant to it.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.