Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: R1 carb setup.
Snap-off

posted on 17/7/08 at 05:17 PM Reply With Quote
R1 carb setup.

Hi guys,
I tried to adjust my mixture settings on my 4xv carb'd R1 the day before my SVA and could not bring the Lambda within range. It would not go below 1.35, CO and HC were fine.
I have since put new gaskets on the exhaust to try and help, my question is: what needle setting is better for results? (they are in the middle knotch at present) Is there anything else I can do to improve the results?
Help would be much appeciated as this is all I have left to do to get it through SVA.

ChrisS

posted on 17/7/08 at 05:44 PM Reply With Quote
Firstly dont forget you need to use a silencer with a built in CAT, and itll need to be HOT to work properly.

Additionally, but not necesarily the right way, you can loosen your carb rubbers on the inle manifold so that when hot they draw in extra air making it pretty weak running mixture.

If you can help it dont touch the needle/jet settings as these only adjust the idle mixture, and wont help the co2 hc at the tested RPM

Mine passed first time using the standard 4xv carbs and airbox, and the loose carb rubbers. Or you could make up some one way fish tank valves to suck in extra air giving the same result as the loose carb rubbers method.

Search the forum and google for full details.

Make sure you tighten them after so to avoid lean running as this will burnt out valves with prolonged running.

Hope this helps.

Locost Merchandise. T-Shirts, Polo's, Hoodies, Fleeces & Baseball Caps.
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=91937&page=3

bitsilly
Contributor

Posts 726
Registered 9/6/05

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Flexibility into my marriage, bless her!

posted on 17/7/08 at 05:48 PM Reply With Quote
Don't know the history of your engine but a mates had the primary air jets blocked when he got it. Might be worth checking.
Snap-off

posted on 17/7/08 at 07:00 PM Reply With Quote
I was running one of those CATs from the USA, R1 can and no filter in the R1 airbox. I had previously stripped the carbs and cleaned them, and also balanced them properly.
What is the standard needle setting? Just incase the person before has changed them.

mackei23b

posted on 18/7/08 at 09:52 AM Reply With Quote
Mine passed the emmisions with one of the US CATs (ZX9R) engine and stage 1 dynojet
Snap-off

posted on 18/7/08 at 11:49 AM Reply With Quote
Does the fish tank valve method just use an air regulator valve or does it need a non return?
Sorry, searched for this and could not find any info.

Thanks.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.