Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: first step?
Martian

posted on 17/7/08 at 05:21 PM Reply With Quote
first step?

after spending hours looking through threads, i'm still confused at where to start registration process. my car's nearly finished, but i want to get started to get it on the road. the way i see it, i need to make up a 17digit chassis number and go to my local dvla office (stocton or beverly?) and try to find someone there who knows what to do next. is there forms to fill in? if so where do you get them? i know i probably sound stupid, but any advice appreciated
BenB

posted on 17/7/08 at 05:35 PM Reply With Quote
Ay carumba! tin of worms- opened......

Some DVLA offices like to dictate your chassis number but others let you make it up. If you specifically want a certain chassis number just make it up and sort out any hassle from the local office later. If you want an easy life then check with the local office in case they want to choose it for you....

you'll need to fill out the various build-up reports etc for the DVLA inspection (some offices let you do this on the way home from SVA).

If you ring up DVLA(Swansea) they'll send out a registration pack to you including the necessary forms (V55/5 IIRC)....

You might be lucky and someone from LB(tm) might have registered their car at either place in which case they'll know how that particular office likes to play it.

ChrisS

posted on 17/7/08 at 05:38 PM Reply With Quote
ITs pretty straight forward, and a well discussed item if you search the forum youll find loads of threads on it. also the dvla website is a vey good staring point.

DVLA Website

Locost Merchandise. T-Shirts, Polo's, Hoodies, Fleeces & Baseball Caps.
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=91937&page=3

Howlor

posted on 17/7/08 at 09:37 PM Reply With Quote
I made upmy number and just wrote to Beverley to let them know. Had no problem with it.

I then contacted Beverley and filled in the forms. I was called by the local police to come and inspect the car. They just checked the engine number that was all. I then went for SVA and had my plates the following day.

Steve

coozer

posted on 18/7/08 at 07:28 AM Reply With Quote
I initially wrote to Stockton suggesting a chassis number and they replied with the OK. Also they included all the forms, V55/5 etc to get me started.

I have also called into the local office for advice and they have been nothing but very helpful. Stockton may moan they are not your local office but they will still help you with the process. I am going there this afternoon to hand my forms in...

Check the DVLA website as there is plenty of advise on there.

Remember the V5/55 is unique, in as it has a serial number so will be sent out against the details you submit at the time.

[Edited on 18/7/08 by coozer]

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.