Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: 750mc racing at mallory 3rd Aug
procomp

posted on 23/7/08 at 04:42 PM Reply With Quote
750mc racing at mallory 3rd Aug

Hi the finals are up for the Mallory race. LINK to PDF

Well not as many formulas at this meeting as there was at Donnington.
But the racing includes : KITS - BIKESPORT - FORMULA 4 - 750 FORMULA - HOTHATCH - GOLF GTI.

Drivers from the forum are KITS #71 MAWMAW.
Others of interest include #75 Matt lewis in the MNR V8 and #36 Ian kempson in the MK specR.

I shall get the results up ASAP as usual. Roll on Silverstone for the big meeting. Hopefully there will be a lot more forum member racing over that weekend to cheer on.

Cheers Matt

[Edited on 24/7/08 by procomp]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
simoto

posted on 23/7/08 at 05:04 PM Reply With Quote
cool thanks, keen to see whats required in terms of prep for this series with a veiw to making the striker eligable to compete.
Chat with a few drivers etc.
Thanks again, si.

striker/blade now complete, thanks to all on this site.

procomp

posted on 24/7/08 at 07:20 AM Reply With Quote
Hi the only championships you would be allowed to enter a Striker in the 750Mc are the KITS championship if it has a CEC engine or the RGB championship if it is a BEC.

Regulations and info for KITS can be found here. INFO And REGULATIONS HERE

And info for RGB HERE And the RGB REGULATIONS HERE

HTH cheers Matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mawmaw

posted on 24/7/08 at 05:36 PM Reply With Quote
reading the byline, he will be going to BEC !!
procomp

posted on 24/7/08 at 06:10 PM Reply With Quote
Hi don't get smart at least i remembered my overals .

Did not spot that and was focused on KITS only at the meeting.

Cheers Matt

procomp

posted on 25/7/08 at 08:09 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Are you testing for mallory Mark. Just wondered as i think Adrian may test after his issues of overheating at donny. But will depend if he finds/cures his problem.

Cheers Matt

mawmaw

posted on 25/7/08 at 07:35 PM Reply With Quote
yes unless a vip ends up needing an anaesthetic on weds am i will be there, just been on the rollers 177bhp and 141 lbs in real money as opposed to dollars so if you are there bring 2 stop watches, actually i may let you drive for one session if i have to leave early!
AR-CoolC

posted on 30/7/08 at 08:34 AM Reply With Quote
I'll be there in orange on the bank somewhere.

If I'm there early enough I'll try and say hello in the paddock, your all in the area close to the cafe, so easy to find

What number are you? The car in your avatar is 33 but looking at the final instructions 33 belongs to Stephen Ward. :confused smiley:

Imagine what it would be like if there were no hypothetical situations.

procomp

posted on 30/7/08 at 01:47 PM Reply With Quote
Hi yep dont get confused by the numbers.

I should be parked up with #21 #23 #32 #71. Should spot a winnie brave with yellow procomp stickers on it with a bald guy some where near it .

Come say Hi and i am always willing to do a man in orange a free cuppa tea.

Cheers Matt

procomp

posted on 4/8/08 at 07:48 AM Reply With Quote
Hi

The results of the days KIT racing can be found HERE.

And the results for the BIKESPORTS can be found HERE

Not the best days racing in KITS as many cars failed to finish for various reasons of engine blow up's / accidents etc etc. But MAWMAW #71 had a good day with a few close shaves and came home with 1 x 3rd overall and 1 x 4th overall with 2 x 2nd in class.

Well done Mark

Cheers Matt

andylancaster3000

posted on 4/8/08 at 12:17 PM Reply With Quote
Yikes... Lots of DNFs. No big prangs I hope!?

Well done Mark!

mawmaw

posted on 4/8/08 at 05:15 PM Reply With Quote
Racing was good in some respects ie almost locost level of carnage in the first race as quite a few people seem to leave their brains in the tool box, especially the 2 people who punted me up the arse (very wide phoenix). All I have to do is find 0.5 of a sec! interestingly with one nearly new 48R and one old 48R on the front the old very definitely locked up first whereas before they locked up together, conclusive proof the tyres do go off!
Can i send my dampers to you for testing before silverstone just to make sure i don't have a problem there as well? Mark

mawmaw

posted on 4/8/08 at 05:19 PM Reply With Quote
big prangs:
Anton chassis wrecked end of season
Steve engine wrecked end of season
Both Wards relatively minor chassis and body work
Steve Taylor digging Antons fibreglass out of his car and significant chassis repair
2 people ran out of fuel and 2 others relaivly minor smashes i think!

procomp

posted on 4/8/08 at 08:04 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Mark yep not the best days racing but was entertaining watching yourself and Steve in the first and Jim in the second.

"Anton chassis wrecked end of season
Steve engine wrecked end of season"

I have a feeling that Anton may be back out before the end of the season. He had that " ILL BE BACK " look in his eyes Poor chap was minding his own business as well.

And Steve's engine is currently spread all over the work shop. ( some of it in smaller parts than it should be ) But with a whole load of new / spare parts being readied for reassembly. So will be back out for Silverstone.

So thats now 3 engines to build one front end ( Locost ) to reattach to rest of car. And now you want dampers dynoing. You had better get them off ASAP and send them up so i can find the time to do them and send them back. And then i suppose you want me to bring the corner weight scales to silverstone to re set the car up. I will U2U etc.

Cheers Matt

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.