Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Best Racing Ever?
MikeCapon

posted on 25/7/08 at 08:41 AM Reply With Quote
Best Racing Ever?

After last weekends F1 race and the huge excitement of three or four real overtakes someone sent me this link for what is probably some of the best racing ever seen.

Best Racing Ever?

Anyone got better?

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Paul TigerB6

posted on 25/7/08 at 08:50 AM Reply With Quote
Yep, go and watch a Locost race any weekend. You will see 3 or 4 overtakes each and every corner in that!!
D Beddows

posted on 25/7/08 at 08:55 AM Reply With Quote
Norick Abe's wildcard debut at the Suzuka 500GP is an all time classic - Kevin Schwantz and Mick Doohan at the height of their game and this completely insane Japanese bloke riding rings round them. Rubbish quality vid on the link but you get the idea. I still get goosbumps watching it and I've lost count how many times I've seen it

Norick Abe:

Richard Quinn

posted on 25/7/08 at 10:35 AM Reply With Quote
I'm at work so I'm not sure what the video is but I would agree with Paul's comment about the Locost racing. Cornering 3 or 4 abreast is quite common. Occassionally I have caught some Kids Karting on Motors TV and that can be quite spectacular. you really don't know who will win until the chequered flag drops!
scootz

posted on 25/7/08 at 10:43 AM Reply With Quote
This is BETTER
wheelfelloff

posted on 25/7/08 at 01:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeCapon
After last weekends F1 race and the huge excitement of three or four real overtakes someone sent me this link for what is probably some of the best racing ever seen.

Best Racing Ever?

Anyone got better?

Always a good discussion but "best" is always relative to time and place. If you are looking at F1 then look at the 1971 Italian GP won by Peter Gethin with a margin of 0.01 seconds.

I agree with the Locost racing comment and many 750 Motor Club series have been excellent, at least in the 40 years since I started watching them.

I know I'm an old f**t but you younger guys don't get the same entertainment from top line racing as we used to, all they want today is your money. In 1969 as an ordinary fee paying spectator at Thruxton (F2 Meeting) having wandered into the open paddock area, I sat on a rear tyre of one of the F2 Lotus 59B Cosworth FVAs talking to Graham Hill (1968 F1 World Champion) and Jochen Rindt (who won the race). The topic of discussion was a pi** take of the Bayerische Motoren Werke fitted to the Lola T102 of Jo Siffert.

Have a look here for the entry list of a F2 meeting of the time, I'm sorry to say that we will never have the same "access" again:

http://www.formula2.net/F269_1.htm

How times have changed - in more ways than one!!

Keith

skydivepaul

posted on 25/7/08 at 01:34 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scootz
This is BETTER

that race shows the drivers and backmarkers have total respect for each other. fantastic racing, not seen that one before.

One race that sticks in my mind is european GP at Donington 90 something??? Senna was unbelievable, I had the privilage to be there on a very rainy and muddy day in spring. the other is monaco GP with mansell and senna when they had to drag mansell from the car at the end of the race because he was too exhausted to get out himself. Thats commitment

linky

[Edited on 25/7/08 by skydivepaul]

http://www.smartideasuk.com
http://www.smartmapping.co.uk
HD CCTV
3D design solutions and integration
IP security systems
access control systems

scotty g

posted on 25/7/08 at 03:08 PM Reply With Quote
One of my fav races ever was actually a touring car race some years back.
Nigel Mansel was having a go at the touring car thing and had a few sessions in a works Mondeo.
First race he spun out and damaged the car so started the second race from pretty much the back of the grid, it was pi55ing it down with standing water everywhere, he drove like a man possessed and I think finished in 2nd place. Amazing racing.

Just found it, he finished 3rd, it was dinnington in 98
here

[Edited on 25/7/08 by scotty g]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.