Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Help me choose a pair of seats!!
prawnabie

posted on 29/7/08 at 06:13 PM Reply With Quote
Help me choose a pair of seats!!

Hi

Right, I need a pair of seats to fit my locost. The distance between the prop tunnel and the inside of the "side" bar is 39cm. This is the same on ther passenger side too.

I like the look of tritons high sides - they are exactly the right width too, but I also like the look of the roadsters and they look alot more comfy too!!!

Has anybody seen a set of roadsters that will fit in this space??

I have muchas cashus waiting lol!

Cheers

Triton

posted on 29/7/08 at 09:05 PM Reply With Quote
Comfy as a nice pair of slippers providing you don't leave a lighter in your back pocket....

My Daughter has taken over production of the damn fine Triton race seats and her contact email is emmatrs@live.co.uk.

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
richard

posted on 29/7/08 at 09:10 PM Reply With Quote
Our locost has a width of 43.5mm between the space with thin side panels and even then the wings of the roadster seats are deformed and I have never seen thinner roadsters than these.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
austin man

posted on 29/7/08 at 09:41 PM Reply With Quote
brother in law has Cobras in his, Ihe also had fibreglass ones the latter were from MK and were deffo morcomfortable and lighter
Lars

posted on 30/7/08 at 07:51 AM Reply With Quote
I have just ordered my set of triton seats. I have the same space restraints, and have not found many seats that fit. I have tried the triton seats at Stoneleigh though and they are definitely the most comfortable I have sat in.

Lars

rusty nuts

posted on 30/7/08 at 07:07 PM Reply With Quote
I tried Tritons seats at Stoneleigh and found them to be more comfortable than the Cobra roadster 7 seats I have in my car at the moment. If I have to replace them at any time I will be ordering a pair from Triton.
DarrenW

posted on 31/7/08 at 02:04 PM Reply With Quote
Personally i would get some from Triton. Cant go wrong.

However for an alternative seat a mate of mine got some plastic moulded seats recently off ebay for his offroader and they were narrow. Dont have details im afraid but im sure they will still be posted. They were silver and about £50 each. I wouldnt fit them in anything expensive but as a locost option looked smart enough.

DarrenW

posted on 31/7/08 at 02:07 PM Reply With Quote
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-FULL-PLASTIC-BUCKET-SEAT-for-OFF-ROAD-USE_W0QQitemZ220260453177QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item220260453177&_trksid=p3286.m14.l1 318

Probs too wide for most se7ens. Postage makes them expensive too. As above - probs better to go to Triton and see what he has for you. If you like a bit of padding i can strongly recommend Anthony to make you a set of removable pads (do a search for seat pads under my username - i posted pics. They make great seats even better).

prawnabie

posted on 4/8/08 at 07:46 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers for the replies guys - guess i will be going to see triton lol
Triton

posted on 7/8/08 at 08:12 PM Reply With Quote
Dares yer to have them in pink....

My Daughter has taken over production of the damn fine Triton race seats and her contact email is emmatrs@live.co.uk.

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

MakeEverything

posted on 9/8/08 at 10:28 AM Reply With Quote
Comfy??? Whats that???

If it rains, you want something that isnt porous, so you dont end up sitting in a large bowl of water after 10 minutes!.

Personally, i think im going to get some fibreglass ones, but mount them on some kind of deflective mounts (rubber etc), so that they dont vibrate too much. This way, i get the lightness, AND a little bit of comfort, however the car isnt being built for comfort.....

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

...You can make it foolProof, but youll never make it Idiot Proof!...

Triton

posted on 10/8/08 at 04:32 PM Reply With Quote
Small av mounts are ideal to mount seats with. Like smalle versions of exhaust bobbins found on "real Mini's"..
To save sat in a puddle we have drilled an 8mm hole in lowest part of our seats.

Mark

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

Vindi_andy

posted on 11/8/08 at 12:19 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

To save sat in a puddle we have drilled an 8mm hole in lowest part of our seats.

Mark

I suppose this also helps when the passenger wets themselves in excitement or fear

Triton

posted on 11/8/08 at 03:10 PM Reply With Quote
Not just the passenger...the hedges here are not hedges they are granite walls .....

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

Roman

posted on 20/8/08 at 10:01 AM Reply With Quote
Triton you have PM.
David Jenkins

posted on 20/8/08 at 11:12 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Triton
Small av mounts are ideal to mount seats with. Like smalle versions of exhaust bobbins found on "real Mini's"..

What's an 'av mount'? I sort-of get the idea from the mini exhaust reference, but I'd not heard that name before.

robinbastd

posted on 20/8/08 at 10:45 PM Reply With Quote
What's an 'av mount'? I sort-of get the idea from the mini exhaust reference, but I'd not heard that name before.

Tis Cornish - "Can I av some of they bobbins?" Triton's picked up the lingo!

Ian

Only a dead fish swims with the tide.

http://smuttygifts.com/

iank

posted on 21/8/08 at 06:10 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by David Jenkins
quote:
Originally posted by Triton

Anti Vibration

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

Triton

posted on 22/8/08 at 06:59 PM Reply With Quote
Anti vibration me ansum...You can get cheeky wee 8milly jobs which are ideal.

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.