Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: paypals latest we hate sellers scam ??
Jon Ison

posted on 5/8/08 at 11:19 PM Reply With Quote
paypals latest we hate sellers scam ??

Well they have exceeded themselves with this one ???

Buyer won an item, paid for it then paypal send this message, I personally think it takes the urine.

-----------------------------------------------

Payment received post item now

You've received a payment, detailed below. We've placed a temporary hold on the funds for this transaction.

eBay and PayPal are working together to make it safer than ever to buy on eBay. One of the boldest steps is to identify transactions that pose the greatest risk of fraud and holding the payments from sellers for a period of time to help ensure that the transactions go smoothly.

We'll release the payment for the eBay item if either of the following occurs:

The buyer leaves you positive feedback on eBay.
It's been 21 days since the payment date and you haven't received a dispute, claim, chargeback, or reversal on the transaction being held
Additional hold period

If you receive a dispute, claim, chargeback, or reversal on the transaction, we may hold the payment until the problem is resolved.

Learn more about the PayPal policy on payment holds for eBay items.

We will notify you by email when the funds are released. You can also check the status of the hold in your Transaction History.

Hellfire

posted on 5/8/08 at 11:33 PM Reply With Quote
Hi John,

That would be a natural superceeder to "We dont want your business anymore." I would not use eBay/Paypal anymore following that.

Steve

colt_mivec

posted on 5/8/08 at 11:38 PM Reply With Quote
Ive never had that,Have you had any open disputes or bad feedback on your account
Dusty

posted on 5/8/08 at 11:54 PM Reply With Quote
To add to this thread. Just bought a lappy motherboard, found it was faulty, seller entirely reasonable, returned it, seller refunded including postage. £80. Paypal are holding the refund.

Temporary Hold Information: This temporary hold was placed because your Direct Debit or Bank Funding payment was denied, cancelled, or refunded.The funds from this payment cannot be released until they have arrived from your bank account, which usually takes 7-9 working days.

It's not from my bank account! It's a refund from an ebay power seller. Maybe they don't trust him. There's no problem here that I know of in this transaction. What's going on.
My feedback 100%. Sellers 100%.

[Edited on 6/8/08 by Dusty]

andyharding

posted on 6/8/08 at 12:04 AM Reply With Quote
I would send them an invoice for interest and then start small claims proceedings when they don't pay...

Are you a Mac user or a retard?

Jon Ison

posted on 6/8/08 at 05:32 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by colt_mivec
Ive never had that,Have you had any open disputes or bad feedback on your account

On this account no, it is my Mrs personal account rather than our business one, she as 99.7% with 800+ feedback received, needless to say nothing is been posted and she as contacted the buyer explaining the situation.

As for not using them, Mrs would be stuffed without them and unfortunately they know that, 99.9% of her business is via ebay.

Werner Van Loock

posted on 6/8/08 at 06:46 AM Reply With Quote
Does this also happen if you use paypal outside of ebay, ie sending a separated paypal request to the buyer?

http://www.clubstylus.be

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mr henderson

posted on 6/8/08 at 06:54 AM Reply With Quote
"boldest steps is to identify transactions that pose the greatest risk of fraud!"

Just as a matter of interest, does the above refer solely to what is being sold rather than the way in which it is being sold, and what is it anyway?

John

smart51

posted on 6/8/08 at 06:57 AM Reply With Quote
There is a growing body of evidence on this site about eBay / PayPal. The general conclusion is "don't sell on eBay".
Guinness

posted on 6/8/08 at 07:31 AM Reply With Quote
I just can't believe that. What a total crock of shit.

So what do we think is going to happen?

1. The number of decent / honest sellers goes down.
2. Cost of items goes up, both due to limited supply and people covering their losses?
3. The number of scaming buyers shoots up?

Seems to be OK for buying stuff though?

Are there any alternatives to ebay?

Mike

saigonij

posted on 6/8/08 at 07:40 AM Reply With Quote
I cancelled my paypal account ages ago. not worth the hassle.
oldtimer

posted on 6/8/08 at 07:55 AM Reply With Quote
Paypal seems to have taken on a one-sided big brother role.

What are the alternatives to paypal??
What are the alternatives to ebay??????

Dangle_kt

posted on 6/8/08 at 07:55 AM Reply With Quote
I have posted this about 5 times in a single week.

SOMEONE CREATE A DECENT RIVAL!!

There must be enough motivated and talented types on here to create a decent bit of competition - and enough people just on this one forum to spread the word via forums etc.

It would be slow to start with, but as long as decent policies were made to satisfy customers (both buyers and sellers) then it would be a run away sucess vs. the farse that is ebay.

tegwin

posted on 6/8/08 at 07:59 AM Reply With Quote
Im only just starting out in the world of web programming, if I was a little bit more experienced I could see a lot of potential for a much more user fiendly version of ebay......For the people by the people!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

scotty g

posted on 6/8/08 at 10:34 AM Reply With Quote
i did find THIS site a couple of months ago, browsed it a few times but not actually use it yet.
robinbastd

posted on 6/8/08 at 10:30 PM Reply With Quote
This is the only half serious alternative to Fleabay:
http://uk.ebid.net/indexmain.php

Only downside at present is that there aren't enough buyers!

Only a dead fish swims with the tide.

http://smuttygifts.com/

flak monkey

posted on 7/8/08 at 11:15 AM Reply With Quote
I noticed that it was mentioned in the small print when you put an ad on ebay now that for certain items paypal will not let you withdraw the money from your paypal account until you have recieved positive feedback.

Makes it really easy for scammers to rip people off.

I personally havent had any problems yet, but I do refuse to sell anything valuable on ebay due to the total lack of seller protection, oh and the fact they always end up taking about 10% of the value in listing fees, final value fee and paypal fee.

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.