Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Snetterton 750MC racing 27th&28sept.
procomp

posted on 9/9/08 at 03:20 PM Reply With Quote
Snetterton 750MC racing 27th&28sept.

Hi the timetable will be up shortly for the Snetterton race on the 27th&28.

It's not the full listing as usual yet but it will be up in a week or so but it gives a list of races at the mo.

PDF LINK here.

Cheers Matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mark G

posted on 9/9/08 at 05:40 PM Reply With Quote
I should be there, am looking forward to it as I haven't been to Snet since 2006!

Richd

posted on 9/9/08 at 06:00 PM Reply With Quote
I'll be there, Second last meeting, Where has the season gone.

Cheers
Rich

allied.motorsport@hotmail.co.uk

www.alliedmotorsport.co.uk

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
procomp

posted on 17/9/08 at 07:19 AM Reply With Quote
Hi

The finals are up on line with all the info regarding the timetable paddock plan and entries Etc. LINK HERE.

Racing includes: KITS - LOCOST - BIKESPORTS - HOT / STOCK HATCH - SAXMAX - GOLF GTI - MR2'S - FORMULA VEE - FORMULA 4 - 750 FORMULA - 750 TROPHY.

Drivers from the forum include.

LOCOST: #4 aligarratt - #14 TMC - #21 gib1et - #25 Richd - #28 blackie - #39 stevetzoid - #43 simes43 - #47 Rob palin - #67 ernie - #68 Pointy - #73 Robster.

KITS: #71 MAWMAW - #21 steve lansley - And myself. #57

Anyone from the forum attending will always be welcome to have a chat with the drivers and a talk over the cars Etc.

Videos from the locost and kit race will hopefully be up after the weekends racing.

Cheers Matt

PS Apologies if i have missed any drivers of the list above. SHOUT up if i have. I usually miss someone.

[Edited on 18/9/08 by procomp]

progers

posted on 17/9/08 at 07:25 AM Reply With Quote
As its only a couple of miles up the road I may well come up on the Sunday. Must get all my chores done on the Saturday

- Paul

procomp

posted on 18/9/08 at 08:03 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Paul hopefully see you on the Sunday. Tea/coffee and biscuits will be ready.

Just a thought would it be worth taking the car on the trailer with a FORSALE sign on it.

Cheers Matt

[Edited on 18/9/08 by procomp]

Rob Bartley

posted on 18/9/08 at 08:20 AM Reply With Quote
Good luck to all the racers! Go on Matt, give em hell

I WILL get out again!!

I have a little bit......need more......

procomp

posted on 18/9/08 at 08:35 AM Reply With Quote
HI Rob. "give them hell " Not likely. It's been at least 12 months since i have driven a car competitively. Track days and testing just ain't the same.

I am hoping for a bit of fun and bring it home in one piece whilst having a play with some new damper and suspension settings. Plus it will be my first real drive of the cars with the new spec engines.

But saying that i have MAWMAW in my sights . Although i dont think he will slow down to let me catch him up so we can have a race. I will have to nick one of his wheels before he goes out. ( That will slow him down )

When you coming out to play.

Cheers Matt

Rob Bartley

posted on 18/9/08 at 08:58 AM Reply With Quote
Don't put yourself down so much!!! Sounds like you'll have a great time & probably be more competitive than you think.

Another house move scuppered any plans this year, so next year i will be on the grid at the back no doubt.........

Cheers, Rob

I WILL get out again!!

I have a little bit......need more......

progers

posted on 18/9/08 at 09:06 AM Reply With Quote
Arse! Just realised that the race is not this weekend but the following weekend! Unfortunately will be going away 26th-28th (wife's BD) so will miss the racing.

Good luck Matt - didn't see you on the finals are you a late entry? I want to see sub 1.20 second laps please otherwise you aren't trying....

- Paul

procomp

posted on 18/9/08 at 02:25 PM Reply With Quote
Hi No it was a late entry as i was hoping to get out in the BIO car in locost but they are now onto reserves for the race.

So Darryl kindly said use his car as he was not racing at snett. He did not need to offer twice .

lapping in the 1.20's shouldn't be a problem. Famous last words .

Cheers Matt

progers

posted on 18/9/08 at 03:41 PM Reply With Quote
Sub 1.20 implies 1.19.xx !! Should be easy for a man of your calibre

- Paul

Shame its not this weekend - its actually going to be dry for a change.

procomp

posted on 18/9/08 at 04:14 PM Reply With Quote
Hi

Quote " Shame its not this weekend - its actually going to be dry for a change."

Except some of us like it wet.

Cheers Matt

mawmaw

posted on 18/9/08 at 08:29 PM Reply With Quote
racing

hmmm its been a few years since i went well at snett! Also feeling very rusty as car has not run since Mallory in early August! just started new engine about 2 hours ago so should be ok for Friday. Unfortunately the !st motion shaft is fouling the crank so could only start with a loose bellhousing. Tomorrow engine out, grinding and back in, 100 miles over the weekend, rolling road tuesday and testing on Friday!!! Got new rear springs and a front ARB as well as a new engine so should be interesting, will you be there matt ? If so can you bring the scales. Mark
procomp

posted on 19/9/08 at 07:40 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Mark

I will be there from Thursday night. are you testing Friday. As it would be better to set car up on Friday rather than Saturday being a double header short on time Etc.

New engine new rear springs new ARb. Are we up for a win.

Cheers Matt

PS Yep i will bring the full setup obviously

progers

posted on 25/9/08 at 06:54 AM Reply With Quote
Set the car up for dry weather boys its going to be a warm, dry weekend! Lucky B*st*rds.

Have a good race(s)

- Paul

Richd

posted on 25/9/08 at 11:59 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by progers
Set the car up for dry weather boys its going to be a warm, dry weekend! Lucky B*st*rds.

Have a good race(s)

- Paul

What a shame, I was really looking forward to a cold wet and windy weekend, but thats only the inside of my sleeping bag.
The beers will be cold and the bbq will hopefully be hot on saturday night if anyone is passing locosts no 25 (me) and 68 (AndyP). i will be there from Saturday morning chilling ready for Sunday Racing. May be the last outing for me this year.

Cheers
Rich

allied.motorsport@hotmail.co.uk

www.alliedmotorsport.co.uk

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
TMC Motorsport

posted on 25/9/08 at 04:29 PM Reply With Quote
Pleased to say we will be there from this evening, making a proper long weekend of it!
All being well tomorrow you should see the debut of Bio-Fuel in Locost with the Biotech Motorsport/Coventry University/TMC Motorsport car making its first appearance! We have to get through testing unscathed first though....
Looking forward to it!

locoR1

posted on 26/9/08 at 07:11 AM Reply With Quote
As the weathers looking good we should be there Sunday

At last count five of us in sevens so far would be nice if we could find two more so its "seven sevens"

Dose anybody know if we will be able to bring the cars into the circuit not keen on leaving them in a public car park!

Dave.........

Description
Description
Check out my CB500T Cafe Racer build diary

progers

posted on 26/9/08 at 08:08 AM Reply With Quote
There will be plenty of parking inside the circuit, not far from Russell's - the main spectating point.

Cheers

Paul

mawmaw

posted on 26/9/08 at 05:55 PM Reply With Quote
car ready, did 2 laps on friday car felt FANTASTIC until cam belt skipped, exhaust valve hit piston, valve bent and broke and killed engine!!! end of my seasonffice to say my engine and gearbox are already out and on their way to the right people. may even do winter series as long as the engine builder admits his mistake!
procomp

posted on 29/9/08 at 07:50 AM Reply With Quote
Hi.

Well for myself that was also a bad weekend.

Thursday morning started off bad with an oil pump on a new locost engine going wrong by not blowing off pressure creating 120 + psi at 5k revs. So a bit of working out and a pump borrowed from an other engine sorted that out. Got started preparing the car i was using for the weekend Thursday afternoon. Tried to get LPG for the truck but non available so meant having to leave Friday morning when we could get LPG on route. Fill up with LPG and get 20 miles down the road and the trucks misfiring badly. Eventually get it sorted and continue.
Get to within 1/2 an hour of Snetterton and receive call from MAWMAW about his bad news with engine. But he very kindley ( Thank you for that Mark ) offers me his two pre booked testing slots. So i get out for the last few laps of the first session but a car has let all it's oil on to the track so end of session. The last 50 min session comes round and i get out and find the new breaking points with the new quicker engines and find a line that's good. Start having a play with a couple of the other kit runners and find i am about 1-1.25 secs a lap quicker. Then 2/3 rds down the back straight the engine drops to 3 cylinders. It felt as though it was electrical so hoping it's just a plug lead or coil pack gone down. Get back to the paddock to find that it is actually another set of Kent cam follower gone wrong and taken out the valves on cyl 4. Playtime over And had to watch the kit race knowing i would have qualified 4th or 5th on the grid.

There where also a few others that had a few minor problems over the weekend also. The Biotech locost of TMC would not seem to run properly and eventually holed a cylinder. Matt had his wheel come off in qualifying on his own car. Simes43 qualified in pole for the first locost race but had his gear lever pull out of the box which put him out of the race. And in the second race rob palin had an oil issue and has knackered his bottom end either main's or big end's. So all in all not a brilliant weekend but at least the sun was shinning. However there where some good racing in both the kits and locost races. i and hopfully some of the other s who races will give some more detail later. Out of time at mo.

Results for LOCOST can be found here.

Results for KIT'S can be found here.

Cheers Matt

[Edited on 29/9/08 by procomp]

TMC Motorsport

posted on 29/9/08 at 09:45 AM Reply With Quote
Unfortunately as Matt says the Biotech car suffered an engine blow up of the major kind. Its unclear if it was as a result of a weak casting in the block or localised heat from a blown head gasket, but either way the engine was left with a hole in the lining of number 3 bore. Fortunately it doesnt seem to have done a lot of other damage lower down, so we will be able to swap the internals into a new block and be back out at Mallory. Friday testing was spent ironing out the usual new car faults, but the final session went quite well, with Jon managing to get into the mid 1m30's on a regular basis. With a little setup work on Friday evening to get the car more to his liking we were looking forward to Sunday, just unfortunate what then occurred!

For me it didnt go much better, fortunately the wheel came off after the red flag when I was travelling slowly, otherwise it could have been a big mess! Left me 29th and 26th on the grid, and from there I was pleased to make 8th and 5th in the two races, with fastest lap in the first, which gave me a new lap record until Simon Wood went quicker in the second race!

Congratulations to David Bartholomew who has been untouchable recently while closing out the championship, capped off with two fine wins yesterday.

My car is still up for sale, and I have now replaced the worn tyres with a new set, which have been run in at Snetterton so are ready to be used straight away. The engine is now three races old, and seems to be as strong as ever. It's not being raced again this year so if anybody is interested in trying one of the closest and most competitive championships in the country get in touch with me before Mallory!

simes43

posted on 29/9/08 at 10:00 AM Reply With Quote
With Dave and Scott doing a Plato and the Italian bloke impression in front of me and having only finished one race since Brands in June, I decided a lap record would be a fine result for the weekend.

Dec and I have discussed the Snett record for ages.

Anyway, well done to Dave for a well deserved Championship and to Scott for great drive in the second race.

procomp

posted on 29/9/08 at 03:33 PM Reply With Quote
Hi.

Indeed a big WELL DONE to Dave on his championship win. He has driven some superb races recently to give him a championship victory.

Just leaves the 2nd and 3rd to be sorted out. At the moment Declan is still in second but having sold his car that now leaves Simes43 and our Allister to fight it out for 3rd in the championship And possibly over take declan to fight it out for 2nd ( not looked to see how close it all is yet ). It looks like it will be as good as ever for the Mallory final round.

Mallory is the last round for the Locosts on Sunday October the 12th.

Cheers Matt

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.