Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Help Ditch The BBC's Moto GP Comentators
x_flow57

posted on 14/9/08 at 03:15 PM Reply With Quote
Help Ditch The BBC's Moto GP Comentators

Hi All

I have just read and signed the online petition:

"Replace The Current BBC MotoGP Commentary Team With Toby Moody, Julian Ryder, & Randy Mamola For 2009"

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/motogp09/

I personally agree with what this petition says, and I think you might
agree, too. If you can spare a moment, please take a look, and consider
signing yourself.

Best wishes,

Nick

fatfranky

posted on 14/9/08 at 03:56 PM Reply With Quote
Replace the two babbling blokes, Yes!

But replace Suzy Perry? Hmmmmm, not so sure

Just My opinion

Mark Allanson

posted on 14/9/08 at 04:00 PM Reply With Quote
The only thing I wouldn't do to Suzy Perry is replace her!

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

fatfranky

posted on 14/9/08 at 04:08 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Allanson
The only thing I wouldn't do to Suzy Perry is replace her!

Ahh, Sir has put that so much better than I

Or to quote from Blazing Saddles

"You use that tongue purttier than a $50 whore"

David Jenkins

posted on 14/9/08 at 05:25 PM Reply With Quote
Interesting to see that the BBC are committed to MotoGP - they've now shifted it to the 'press the red button' channel, so if you haven't got digital you're not going to see it.

In my case, I was going to record it, but now I can't be *rsed to go and find whichever hidden channel they're shoving it onto so that my recorder works properly...

(I think it's somewhere around channel 301 onwards...)

hillbillyracer

posted on 14/9/08 at 05:39 PM Reply With Quote
Good job I read this, I had it all set to go on BBC2! So I've got channel 301 up & there it is, but the sound is all to cock & assuming the pictures are right then the race is looking doubtful the way it's tipping it down.
Triton

posted on 14/9/08 at 05:48 PM Reply With Quote
About time the beeb realised that the bikes out shine that farce they call formula 1 any day of the week...

My Daughter has taken over production of the damn fine Triton race seats and her contact email is emmatrs@live.co.uk.

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
skodaman

posted on 14/9/08 at 11:17 PM Reply With Quote
'About time the beeb realised that the bikes out shine that farce they call formula 1 any day of the week...'
Unfortunately can't really argue with that statement. Rossi awesome again.

Skodaman

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
David Jenkins

posted on 15/9/08 at 08:06 AM Reply With Quote
The Beeb issued a fairly grovelling web page for cocking-up the MotoGP scheduling...

...I'll forgive them just this once!

Good race too - managed to watch it under the red button thingy. Shame they had to stop it, but when bits of tree get blown across the track then you KNOW that the wind's a bit too strong!

Spyderman

posted on 15/9/08 at 10:48 AM Reply With Quote
Was a cracking race by Rossi!

Those presenters do waffle on don't they? I wondered what they were on about several times.

I think they should have stopped the race a good few laps earlier than they did.
It almost seemed like they were trying to let it run to the end, but then decided it had to stop before the American rider got overtaken by the second Yam. Sorry can't remember names very well.

It looked like the weather was worse at about 10 laps from end, yet they held on until 5 or 6 laps to go before making the decision, even though it had eased off slightly.

Anyway was an excellent race and I was amazed at the professionalism of the riders under such conditions. Entertaining to the last.

Spyderman

Peteff

posted on 15/9/08 at 12:40 PM Reply With Quote
Nothing wrong with Messrs Parrish and Cox

It's usually 301 on the freeview box if pressing the red button is too much trouble for you. If you haven't gone digital by now it's not the BBCs fault, they showed it on BBC2 at 10.45pm anyway so you could have recorded it then. The power was cut off to the commentator's screens so they could not see what was happening on track and were having to be updated by the pit staff if you were listening to them. I like to listen to them, they are both bikers and know what they are on about and come out with some gems from time to time.

[Edited on 15/9/08 by Peteff]

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

David Jenkins

posted on 15/9/08 at 03:00 PM Reply With Quote
I like the Eurosport commentators - not that I have any probs with the BBC lot... I usually turn the sound off while Suzy's waffling on...

As for finding the racing on the BBC channels - I found it and I watched it, so no problem!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.