posted on 16/9/08 at 01:19 PM Reply With Quote
For those who missed this at Stafford

Is this FUGLY

Discuss

Description
Description

Picture stolen from PH forum

[Edited on 16/9/08 by Snuggs]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/snuggstcb
Spider pig, spider pig, does whatever a spider pig does.
I doubt therefore I may be.
Luposlipophobia : Fear of being chased by wolves around a freshly waxed kitchen floor, while wearing only socks on your feet.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!
http://www.venganza.org
http://www.jesusandmo.net/
http://www.snuggs.co.uk

Paul TigerB6

posted on 16/9/08 at 01:26 PM Reply With Quote
I was at the "spectacular launch" on Sunday and to say it was an embarrasment would be an understatement!!

Did anyone understand a single word of the speech?? When they unveiled it i was expecting a finished car - not one with painted on windows!!! Its got to be just about the most stupid, fugly, ridiculous, pointless "car" i have ever seen - and frankly i think its an embarrasment to the kit car industry!!!

I remember the stunned look of everyone around it when they pulled the sheet back, and then the numerous glances around to see who was giggling. I had to go to the MNR stand before carrying on laughing - and the guys on there were laughing about it too!!

Did i say i dont really like it at all??

emsfactory

posted on 16/9/08 at 01:26 PM Reply With Quote
Not small is it!
Guinness

posted on 16/9/08 at 01:34 PM Reply With Quote
I quite like it.

What is the donor? F-16? Mig 27? or Tornado?

I'd imagine getting a jet engine through the emissions part of the SVA might be a bit tricky.

Oh, hang on a minute, you mean it's got a CAR engine in it! Love to see that, a jet fighter pulling up at the traffic lights with the roar of a mighty Pinto underneath it.

On second thoughts, unless it can do 0-60 in 3 seconds and top out at 200mph plus, it's always going to be more show than go!

Mike

iank

posted on 16/9/08 at 01:45 PM Reply With Quote
Ah, that's the thing totalkitcar had a picture of under a sheet a few months back.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

Paul TigerB6

posted on 16/9/08 at 01:46 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by iank
Ah, that's the thing totalkitcar had a picture of under a sheet a few months back.

Wish they had left if under the sheet to be honest!! Better still, leave it under a Challenger 2 tank!!

Richard Quinn

posted on 16/9/08 at 02:48 PM Reply With Quote
Why don't you say what you are really thinking Paul?
Never mind the trying not to laugh, the simultaneous bemused/disbelieving expressions on yours and Ben's faces said it all.
I didn't think it was that bad but there again, my retinas were still scarred by the orange jumper!!

Paul TigerB6

posted on 16/9/08 at 02:58 PM Reply With Quote
Oh yes - "the jumper". If the owner of the Dyno-rod orange jumper can please make himself known. Wow that was bright!!
Browser

posted on 16/9/08 at 03:07 PM Reply With Quote
It's, errm, it's, well it's, ermmmmmm, it'sunique!, yes, unique, that's what it is

adithorp

posted on 16/9/08 at 03:10 PM Reply With Quote
I'm disappointed that I didn't go over and "attend the great unvailing" now. I had a pretty good idea of what it was going to be from the notice and the shape of the sheet over it so didn't bother push through the crowd. Sound like it would have been worth it for the reactions.

Where do they intend to find a windscreen?

adrian

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

Paul TigerB6

posted on 16/9/08 at 03:14 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by adithorp
Where do they intend to find a windscreen?

adrian

Funny you should mention that!! It was mentioned on Sunday as looking like it would be custom acrylic glass to go in it, but the windscreen itself needs to be proper laminated glass, and marked up to get through SVA doesn't it!!!

Jasper

posted on 16/9/08 at 03:14 PM Reply With Quote
Is it made by Vindicator?

If you're not living life on the edge you're taking up too much room.

Paul TigerB6

posted on 16/9/08 at 03:16 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jasper
Is it made by Vindicator?

Yes - it is indeed!!

smart51

posted on 16/9/08 at 03:17 PM Reply With Quote
It looked alright under the cover. A bit tall but quite curvy. Then they pulled the cover off. Its about 1.5 metres tall and so wide, its probably a 4 seater. A proper fighter plane inspired car should be a lot narrower and not nearly as high.

It was a nice idea to make a car that looks like a fighter jet, you just have to make it look like a fighter jet to make it work.

iank

posted on 16/9/08 at 03:23 PM Reply With Quote
Looks like it might be designed to take a glider canopy, though wash/wipe will be a challenge.

Like most 7's with windscreens I expect most will be bolted on post SVA/IVA.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

splitrivet

posted on 16/9/08 at 03:32 PM Reply With Quote
You beat me to it Snugs I too was at the unveiling and was going to mention it. I would have taken a photo too but was in great fear of it bosting my camera.

Never have I seen anything so embarrassing, expected that white haired gadgee from danger ufo (is that what the series was called) to climb out of it.
Cheers,
Bob

[Edited on 16/9/08 by splitrivet]

[Edited on 16/9/08 by splitrivet]

I used to be a Werewolf but I'm alright nowwoooooooooooooo

yamapinto

posted on 16/9/08 at 03:34 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paul TigerB6
Oh yes - "the jumper". If the owner of the Dyno-rod orange jumper can please make himself known. Wow that was bright!!

Was it him that rescued that "thing" in the picture from the Sewer where it was lurking! .. not sure about a cover over it, it needs a lead box!

indykid

posted on 16/9/08 at 04:16 PM Reply With Quote
i thought the design brief of vindicator cars was 'take an existing design - uglify it'....

looks like i'm not wrong
tom

adithorp

posted on 16/9/08 at 04:18 PM Reply With Quote
I'm curious to see how the magazines cover this given that Vindicator advertise in them. Will they just say it's not to their taste or just slag it off?

Don't see how they can put it through SVA without a screen (has to be glass and marked properly) as it's obviously supposed to have one. I know it can only be tested as presented but that'd just be taking the wee. Then again they already are!

MEV's Sonic7 was nice though.

adrian

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

Agriv8

posted on 16/9/08 at 04:26 PM Reply With Quote
Personally had to endure the unviling twice.

Personally I could not come up with anyrthing positive to say about it.

Personally it is my opinion ( and I belive that I am entitled to voice it ) that this will do the Kit car immage more bad than good but hopefully I will be proved wrong.

I may be wrong but the kit is likley to be expensive ( I would expect glass alone to = Big £ ) Volvo rear lights ( S80 ? )
I cant see being cheep front lights are going to add to the odd look.

And finally ( I apologise for this if you are eating your tea ) but is it only me that thinks it looks phallic ?

Sorry rant over and yes I have had a bad day.

regards

Agriv8

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

iank

posted on 16/9/08 at 04:47 PM Reply With Quote
<old joke> If you think that looks phallic you should see a good plastic surgeon </old joke>

It won't do the kit car image any good or bad as I seriously doubt they will sell more than a couple at best and most of those will never make it onto the road.

[Edited on 16/9/08 by iank]

--
Anonymous

Paul TigerB6

posted on 16/9/08 at 04:51 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by iank
It won't do the kit car image any good or bad as I seriously doubt they will sell more than a couple at best and most of those will never make it onto the road.

I've got a really bad feeling that its going to end up on the front cover of Kit Car Magazine in a month or two though - and if that happens then it will bring ridicule to the industry!! The guys at Vindicator seemed genuinely proud of it!!

jollygreengiant

posted on 16/9/08 at 05:11 PM Reply With Quote
Some descriptions that were heard. :-

FFFugly.

Its the illegitimate spawning of of a Killer whale and Brumm.

Personally, if it wasn't for the looks on peoples faces, I might have thought that someone stole 10 minutes of my life.

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

chrisg

posted on 16/9/08 at 05:35 PM Reply With Quote
To be honest I feel sorry for them, no one had thel b*lls to say "no".

It's some undertaking to build a chassis and a buck for a new kit car and not cheap either, you would have thought someone would have taken a few steps back and said "It looks wrong"

Having said that, there's always some who likes every car, otherwise there'd be no Ford Ka!

Cheers

Chris

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

Richard Quinn

posted on 16/9/08 at 06:08 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by smart51
It looked alright under the cover. A bit tall but quite curvy. Then they pulled the cover off. Its about 1.5 metres tall and so wide, its probably a 4 seater. A proper fighter plane inspired car should be a lot narrower and not nearly as high.

It was a nice idea to make a car that looks like a fighter jet, you just have to make it look like a fighter jet to make it work.

Nope, one of the guys removed part of the front roof/canopy/window/door (whatever best describes it) later on as I was passing. There only appeared to be two seats, one behind the other, in there from what I could see (although it was more than a little gloomy given the innovative grp windows - I believe that in this case, there is no SVA requirement for a demister!!)

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.