Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: o2 sensor
ibakes

posted on 26/9/08 at 09:25 AM Reply With Quote
o2 sensor

Hi All

I brought a LC-1 sensor last year to go with my Megasqurt 1 V3 with MS&S firmware upgrade. During the initial set up this worked perfect after calibrating the sensor.

Earlier on this year I was looking to change it to Alpha-n to help with fuelling and my throttle bodies but for some reason, megatune is not reading the O2 sensor.

I know the engine is running rich and the car has been off the road for a couple of months so just trying to get it sorted now.

I will try to re calibrate the sensor again tonight but does anyone else here have any ideas I could try?.

Many thanks
Andy

mark chandler

posted on 26/9/08 at 02:31 PM Reply With Quote
first thing is get a voltmeter and confirm the LC1 is putting out the signal, you could then try a 1.5v battery feeding into MS to see if that can read the signal.

If the Lambda sensor is very sooty it will not work correctly, you cannot clean with brushes or spirits as that destroys them so you need a hot exhaust to clean it so run at 2500rpm for a few minutes then you remove the sensor to calibrate.

Regards Mark

Chippy

posted on 26/9/08 at 02:59 PM Reply With Quote
LC1's are well known for going tit's up, I know because mine has. If you are not getting a correct voltage from the control box, you can change over from the yellow lead to the brown one, which for some reason dosen't seem to be as subject to faults. Don't know if all that makes sense, does to me!! Hope that helps. Ray

To make a car go faster, just add lightness. Colin Chapman - OR - fit a bigger engine. Chippy

stevebubs

posted on 26/9/08 at 03:07 PM Reply With Quote
You *didn't* leave the sensor in there disconnected, did you?
ibakes

posted on 26/9/08 at 09:27 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry not had chance to get outside tonight but will try all as soon as poss

quote:
Originally posted by stevebubs
You *didn't* leave the sensor in there disconnected, did you?

pretty sure i didnt but whys that??

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.