Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Mallory park 750mc racing Oct 12th.
procomp

posted on 30/9/08 at 07:24 AM Reply With Quote
Mallory park 750mc racing Oct 12th.

Hi.

The final rounds for some of the 750mc championships will be at Mallory park on October 12th.

Racing includes: LOCOST - RGB - SR&GT - FORMULA 4 - FORMULA VEE - 750 TROPHY - MG MIDGETS.

I know that there is going to be some good racing in the LOCOSTS as 2nd & 3rd in the championship is still to be decided between Declan Simes43 and Alister Garrat. 1st in the championship has already been decided and won by David Bartholomew.

More details to follow once the finals are up on line and a link added.

Cheers Matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
TimC

posted on 30/9/08 at 07:27 AM Reply With Quote
I'll be there watching.

AR-CoolC

posted on 30/9/08 at 08:25 AM Reply With Quote
I'll be there marshaling

Imagine what it would be like if there were no hypothetical situations.

andylancaster3000

posted on 30/9/08 at 08:27 AM Reply With Quote
Might well come and watch as its only 20mins away from me now.

Andy

Richard Quinn

posted on 30/9/08 at 08:34 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by andylancaster3000

Andy

Why? Have they moved it??

simes43

posted on 30/9/08 at 09:33 AM Reply With Quote
With my wonderful luck this season, I have decided not to bother with Mallory and watch the action instead.
gib1et
Junior Builder

Posts 16
Registered 13/5/08

Photo Archive Go!
Building: a healthy points tally in the Locost Championship

posted on 30/9/08 at 11:06 AM Reply With Quote
I'll be racing at Mallory once I've patched up my sump. I had all my bad luck earlier in the weekend at Snett. I finished on a good note with a 6th place and my enthusiam restored.

Jason

Rob Palin

posted on 30/9/08 at 12:12 PM Reply With Quote
I'm hoping to be at Mallory but it depends on whether even the prodigious talents of Matt & Ivan can make something useful out of the mangled pile of bits that used to be the bottom end of my engine until about lap 3 of the second race on Sunday.

hobbsy

posted on 30/9/08 at 01:27 PM Reply With Quote
I'd love to come and watch this but I'll be away with work Not too far from me either.
MikeR

posted on 30/9/08 at 03:32 PM Reply With Quote
Hopefully i'll come - bringing the g/f for her first taste of circuit racing so please make sure its entertaining & a nice warm day
procomp

posted on 1/10/08 at 08:02 AM Reply With Quote
Hi MikeR if it's not such a nice warm day your welcome to a coffee/tea/warm in the camper.

PS It will be a glorious warm sunny day. Summer is due soon isn't it.

Cheers Matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
procomp

posted on 1/10/08 at 08:21 AM Reply With Quote
Hi.

The final instructions are up on line with the usual time table list of drivers and paddock location. Mind i wouldent bother actually looking for the shark in the lake.

LINK HERE

Drivers from the forum racing include :

LOCOST: #4 aligarratt - #14 TMC - #21 gib1et - #25 Richd - #28 blackie - #39 stevetzoid - #43 simes43 - #47 Rob palin - #67 ernie - #68 Pointy - #73 Robster.

RGB: #7progers.

As usual drivers will be happy to speak to and show people there cars Etc.

Cheers Matt

PS rather than missing a few of the drivers i may have added a few too many as i think #14 TMC and #43 simes43 may have pulled their entries.

andylancaster3000

posted on 1/10/08 at 01:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Richard Quinn
quote:
Originally posted by andylancaster3000

Andy

Why? Have they moved it??

Nope. But I've moved

[Edited on 1/10/08 by andylancaster3000]

Rob Bartley

posted on 1/10/08 at 01:39 PM Reply With Quote
Mmmm. Tempted to come along & watch the "carnage" & say hi to everyone!!!

Sorry I meant "close racing"

Sounds like it will be a good battle for the 2nd / 3rd slot.

Rob

I WILL get out again!!

I have a little bit......need more......

Robster

posted on 1/10/08 at 09:03 PM Reply With Quote
So that's 2008 over for me...

I'm on the list for Mallory, but now not going - the issue that caused me to pull up during the 2nd race at Snett has proved to be terminal in the engine department & I've not got the time to get it fixed before Mallory.

Snetterton is fast becoming my most hated circuit - 1st ever race meeting, Snett in March, suffered oil pump failure which wrecked the bottom end. Last weekend was 2nd visit to Snett and I've come away with valves hitting pistons, bent push-rods and other as yet undiscovered damage lower down (not taken the bottom end off yet).

And I've missed the Mallory closing date so that's a wasted entry fee!

Richd

posted on 1/10/08 at 10:58 PM Reply With Quote
Rob
I think if you get back to robin before this friday you should get a full refund.
cheers
Rich

allied.motorsport@hotmail.co.uk

www.alliedmotorsport.co.uk

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Robster

posted on 2/10/08 at 09:21 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks for that, I've just phoned and you're right, so that's £150 towards the engine repairs!

Thought there was no refund after the closing date, must remember to read the small print...

andrews_45

posted on 2/10/08 at 08:54 PM Reply With Quote
Rob you can use one of my engines, Its standard but a known good runner! You can collect over the weekend...
dubstar_04

posted on 5/10/08 at 05:28 PM Reply With Quote
Tickets

Does anyone have any tickets they would like to sell?
mediabloke

posted on 8/10/08 at 09:13 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dubstar_04
Does anyone have any tickets they would like to sell?

Mallory Park's site doesn't show any, but it cound either be too late to order tickets or they've sold out.

Is anyone in the know in the know? I was hoping to go down, but I don't fancy a 2-hr drive to find I can't get in...

dubstar_04

posted on 9/10/08 at 07:05 AM Reply With Quote
Its £12 on the gate.

I was only asking if anyone has any for sale as they come included in the race fee for the drivers, and if they are not using them then they may aswell sell them on!!

procomp

posted on 9/10/08 at 08:15 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Dan

have you tried asking on the Yahoo site. More drivers hanging out on there than here usually. Might have more success there as theres already people asking the same question.

As Dan says anyone will be able to buy tickets on the gate on the day. The chances of them selling out are highly unlikely. Unless the BSB are in attendance.
As popular as the 750mc meetings are they do not rival the crowd pulling numbers of the BSB even if the racing is as close as the bikes in some formulas.

Cheers Matt

Custardtart

posted on 9/10/08 at 03:20 PM Reply With Quote
If they did sell out do you think they'll get grid girls in for next season?

They're only noodles

procomp

posted on 10/10/08 at 08:31 AM Reply With Quote
Hi

I should have mentioned above that it would technically be very very wrong for a driver to sell tickets that he was given by the club as entry for himself and family/crew. A driver may pass a ticket or two FOC onto other drivers who may have a few extra friends/family cooming to watch etc.

But back to the very serious subject that Custardtart has brought up GRID BABES .

I think that all drivers should attend the annual AFD meeting and demand that they are provided. I suppose we will have to concede that the female drivers are allowed a GRID BLOKE just to keep the Peace
I am sure we could talk Robin into it if he genuinely thought that it would mean full grids in all formulas

But i have a feeling that it will not happen. So THIS THREAD ON PISTONHEADS will have to do

Cheers Matt

dubstar_04

posted on 10/10/08 at 09:08 AM Reply With Quote
Whoa!! If any of the female drives want a grid bloke I will do it!!

I look aweful in speedos but if there are grid babes to brush up against it might be worth the embarassment, that is unless I got too excited, if you know what I mean!!!

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.