read my earlier post!
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=97764&page=1#pid815740
to see how citoen helped me!

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 4/10/08 at 09:40 AM Reply With Quote
SHITREON

Jasper

posted on 4/10/08 at 10:51 AM Reply With Quote
Same here with a Renualt - had a new engine/turbo/intercooler after 2 years - utter piece of crap, kept going wrong, I'd never buy a French car again.

If you're not living life on the edge you're taking up too much room.

smart51

posted on 4/10/08 at 02:01 PM Reply With Quote
TBH, few manufacturers would be any better. I had no end of problems with Merc/Smart dealers on a car that was just over 2 years old. They were so bad I sold the car so I would never have to go there again.
Chippy

posted on 4/10/08 at 02:20 PM Reply With Quote
Funny isn't it, both me and the Mrs both have Citroens, Xsara 2ltr HDI mine, C5 2ltr petrol, top of the range, for the Mrs. We have never had any problems with either of them, and we have had them for some long time now, mine is 01, and Mrs 02. Just the luck of the draw, but we NEVER use the main dealer for anything, just a little garage around the corner, run by an ace guy. Cheers Ray

To make a car go faster, just add lightness. Colin Chapman - OR - fit a bigger engine. Chippy

rusty nuts

posted on 4/10/08 at 05:34 PM Reply With Quote
Can't really complain about my XM estate. Cost me £350 eleven years ago and still going strong . Mind you I had to spend £30 on it last MOT.
RoadkillUK

posted on 4/10/08 at 05:54 PM Reply With Quote
I'm on my second Xantia (first one was written off) and my brother too has a Xantia, I've got no real complaints about mine.

The missus has a P reg Saxo, gave it a new head gasket and timing belt earlier this year and it flew through its MOT for the 5 year in a row.

P.S. I have only 1 complaint about my car actually. When I went to pick up the Diff from JoelP it wasn't empty .... 'til I got home !! Damn thing stinks now, gonna have to work out how to get the carpet out.

Roadkill - Lee
www.bradford7.co.uk
Latest Picture (14 Sept 2014)

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
andyps

posted on 4/10/08 at 09:54 PM Reply With Quote
Citroen wouldn't help recently when the sump on my wife's Berlingo rusted through and started leaking. It was just under 5 years old and had done 100k miles but they said it was not something they would consider paying towards. I asked how long they expected a sump to last and they said they didn't know. A shame though, because otherwise the car is great (except the failed front wheel bearing earlier this year).
Ninehigh

posted on 5/10/08 at 01:04 AM Reply With Quote
Manufacturers really should know how things last...

I had a random engine problem on my mondeo, it was in warranty when I first took it in and they couldn't find anything but it was fine after that, until about a month after the warranty runs out. I went back and they said I'd have to speak to the customer care dept. They said I wouldn't get any help because I'm the third owner (cos they put in in my girlfriend's name not mine as requested) and cos I've never owned a ford before. I told them I've had 3 but because I hadn't bought them off a dealer (I'd rented them as taxis) it made no difference.

Luckily the problem sorted itself out (probably bad diesel)

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.