Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 1.8t to MT75 Conversion kit
J1MMY

posted on 15/10/08 at 04:58 PM Reply With Quote
1.8t to MT75 Conversion kit

For sale

Full adapter/conversion kit to allow a Ford MT75 box to bolt onto a VW/AUDI longitudinal 1.8t engine.

I bought this from AlphaX in the Netherlands as I was going to use a 20v turbo AEB passat engine on an MT75 (Sierra/granada twincam) Gearbox.

For those who may be raising their eyebrows its a good combo as the AEB engine is (like its transverse sister the AGU) controlled by throttle cable not Drive by wire so a much simpler install. The two above mentioned engines are also stronger than the later engines and therefore have more tuning potential. The MT75 'box is also much stronger than the type 9 gearbox. Longitudinal 1.8t's are plentiful and inexpensive as the VW brigade tend to shun them in favour of other types.

Ideal if you want some potent performance but don't fancy spending tons of money on building a peaky NA motor. (250bhp and torque to match is not a tall order simply using a std engine and a stand alone management system).

The kit is brand new & unused apart from a dry fit. It is a great quality kit and everything lines up as you'd expect. I still have the instructions, not that you'd need them - it is a doddle to install.

It's simply for sale as due to circumstances the project will never reach completion.

Cost to me was 813 Euro's inc VAT and shipping.

I am asking £325 which is almost half the price.

Kit can be sent (although its heavy!) or collected from Bristol. Feel free to contact me via PM or email ratro_souper@live.co.uk, or call me on 07748 358195. Am happy to answer any questions.

Many thanks

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.