Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: New MNR owner saying hi
dmulally

posted on 22/10/08 at 05:47 AM Reply With Quote
New MNR owner saying hi

Gday all,

Just a quick note to say hi and that I will shortly be putting my deposit down for an MNR in the next couple of days.

This is a great forum (the mnr part) and I havent needed to ask any questions (aside from poor Greg at Redback putting up with my rubbish) as it has all been answered many times in here.

I am going for the r1 version and plan to put it on the road and track.

I drove Redbacks MNR this year on the track and it was a blast.

Also in my garage I am building up a v8 powered track only locost while I await delivery which will take a while as it has to sit on a boat to get out here.

Cheers and I hope the owners club is still functioning as I would like to join.

Damo

antonio

posted on 22/10/08 at 05:53 AM Reply With Quote
welcome mate!
maartenromijn

posted on 22/10/08 at 06:27 AM Reply With Quote
Hi there, and welcome!

Any pics or blog of the V8?

Maarten

[Edited on 22/10/08 by maartenromijn]

BLOG: http://thunderroad-super7.blogspot.com/

Agriv8

posted on 22/10/08 at 06:38 AM Reply With Quote
Ah Marc mentioned (not in the pub Honest Guv ) that there was the possibilty of further 'Coffin' due for Redback shortly.

Re the V8 . not that I have a soft spot for em or anything.

Welcolm to the forum BTW

Regards

Agriv8

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

coozer

posted on 22/10/08 at 06:55 AM Reply With Quote
Welcome, wise choice of car I must say. I'm sure there will be questions that will be answered so don't hold back.

Location: Central coast Oz? Oh, I dream of nice warm xmas mornngs.....

Steve

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

speedyxjs

posted on 22/10/08 at 07:03 AM Reply With Quote
Welcome to the madhouse

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

TimC

posted on 22/10/08 at 08:01 AM Reply With Quote
Welcome - Can I propose a MNR owners club meeting near you if/when I go travelling?

Johneturbo

posted on 22/10/08 at 06:27 PM Reply With Quote
Hey welcome

Talking of trackdays, can you drive around mount panarama? now that would be

dmulally

posted on 22/10/08 at 10:01 PM Reply With Quote
I am actually trying my hardest to get my daily driver booked into Mount Panorama for next Easter. That should be scary but I wont be going too fast so it should be ok.

I have followed the V8 MNR for a long time and if it werent for our silly over regulated laws here I would have one in a heart beat but the RTA does a beaming and torsion test on the bare chassis to see how much torque it can take and it is engine specific so you would need a sherman tank to get through sadly.

My track only Locost has a cousin of the rover v8 called a P76. It is 4.4l and a little bigger than a 3.5-4.6 but roughly the same weight. I havent done a blog of the build as if you dont have a 4age clubby (I sold mine) you are a leppar down here. In young ppl speak, 4age spells faggy. My racing team knows about it and thinks its pretty funny. Team GFY racing that is. Ill leave you to guess what that means.

Here is a pic of its off set in a book size frame. (match made in heaven...seriously)

Ive also got to rig up a body with an english wheel so if anyone is interested let me know and Ill take some happy snaps. Its almost rolling but I have most of the bits and should be done by the end of the year. Going carbie (or carbies....swan neck 4 X dcoe's anyone?) takes a lot of the hassle out as there isnt much wiring. Im not even having an alternator.

You MNR guys are more than welcome to crash at my place any time you are in town.

Cheers

Damo

dmulally

posted on 22/10/08 at 10:04 PM Reply With Quote
Oh, and as a follow up. Here is a pic of my daily hack which I guess will be the tow car for the MNR and I will be entering into Bathurst next April.

Body roll is a little more noticable than the Vortx. But only just.

richardh

posted on 23/10/08 at 07:23 AM Reply With Quote
welcome friend
Agriv8

posted on 23/10/08 at 07:32 AM Reply With Quote
Damo those photos takes me back su carbed intake plenumn modded to take a dual downdraft ( we ran that setup on a V8 of-raod buggy ) could never quite get it quite jetted right too rich on 3,4,5 and 6 and still 8 would run just slightly too lean running 10 to 1 compresion and stump puller cam solid lifters , when competing we are getting arround 4mpg..

Anyway best get back to work

regards

Agriv8

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.