Board logo

Croft trackday pics
Andy D - 3/5/10 at 05:14 PM

Bit of a changeable day at Croft today, some fairly damp spells, but looked to be drying up nicely when we left. Bloody cold though!

55ant - 3/5/10 at 05:20 PM

cool rsv8, whats it like in the flesh?

Andy D - 3/5/10 at 05:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by 55ant
cool rsv8, whats it like in the flesh?

I didn't really have a good look at it today, but having seen it at Croft before, I can say there is a LOT of carbon fibre in that car! The driver wasn't pushing it too hard on track, so I was a bit dissapointed with the sound track.

.. a pic from the last time I saw the big cat:

[Edited on 3/5/10 by Andy D]

55ant - 3/5/10 at 05:36 PM

wow, is that the supercharged one then? or is that not intercooling pipework? i thought they only made a handfull of them for a v.silly amount of money!

looks a bit cramped! its no pinto.

[Edited on 3/5/10 by 55ant]

Andy D - 3/5/10 at 05:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by 55ant
wow, is that the supercharged one then? or is that not intercooling pipework? i thought they only made a handfull of them for a v.silly amount of money!

looks a bit cramped! its no pinto.

[Edited on 3/5/10 by 55ant]

Yep, supercharged as far as I know. I remember talking to the chap that bought it and he said he'd got it in an offer he couldn't refuse... dont think he'd be talking locost prices though!

daniel mason - 3/5/10 at 06:01 PM

think they are £115k

beaver34 - 3/5/10 at 06:03 PM

looks good fun, how much did it cost?

do you trailer or drive the cars there?

neilj37 - 3/5/10 at 06:39 PM

Some good pics but its a bit worrying how many cars have there roll bars below the level of the drivers head, especially car Y698 KND. I wouldn't want to roll one of them !!

jeffw - 3/5/10 at 07:05 PM

I was just going to mention that. I was very surprised how low the rollbars are on almost all the cars in the pcitures.

Andy D - 4/5/10 at 08:18 AM

quote:
Originally posted by beaver34
looks good fun, how much did it cost?

do you trailer or drive the cars there?

I think most trackdays at Croft cost more than £200 now, due to the noise problems, and limited number of noisy days they can run.

Most se7en type cars are trailered I guess, but it's not compulsory..

bigfoot4616 - 4/5/10 at 04:37 PM

yes, cost me £200. saved £20 by booking early( in january, it had sold out by march, possibly sooner).
in the briefing they said there is only 5 105db days this year

will get some video footage up this week

[Edited on 4/5/10 by bigfoot4616]