Board logo

TRT propshafts?
GregMcN - 2/12/08 at 10:42 PM

Has anyone retro fitted a TRT propshaft - just wondered how much difference they make. I have a quaiffe reverse box so would only be the rear part of propshaft.
Currently the gearchange in the 1st 3 gears is pretty harsh though surprisingly better when cold than hot??

Thanks Greg

skippad - 3/12/08 at 12:33 AM

i changed to trt prop a few months ago, had same problems as yourself.
Now a lot smoother through 1st.2nd gears, still a little bit clonky but a big improvement and less vibration.
Dave

paublo999 - 3/12/08 at 11:49 AM

as skippad - wont change it to being like a car, but it is a little bit less "harsh".... not much though. Never noticed it on the track, but i did notice it more on the road...

skippad - 3/12/08 at 12:21 PM

Hello Paul
Did you get your "safe mode" problem sorted?
Did you change your sump.
Any other problems?
Dave

If u noticed in my post, i've got another project on the go (bloody idiot) while me zzrMK's winterised.

bedlamage - 3/12/08 at 12:50 PM

I changed mine and got rid of the Westfield r/box ( which is sh#t ).

I have seen a noticable differance, no vibration, much less shunting, smoother changes and quicker pick up on the acceleration.

I have a straight tho TRT prop manufactured by Bailey morris with high speed balancing and forged flanges for greater strength and reduced weight. Can't recommed them enough!

adithorp - 3/12/08 at 12:55 PM

I've had a TRT prop from the start so don't have a direct comparison but... Someone once described the difference to me as like hitting something with a rubber hammer instead of a normal one. It still hurts if your thumb's in the way but doesn't mark the metal.

adrian

charlierevell - 3/12/08 at 08:36 PM

I'd use one.... my box has just gone because i havent got one already fitted! Its going to cost the same as the prop and its the 2nd time its happened in a year!