Board logo

fuel system connections
Thetom - 8/1/14 at 12:20 PM

I think my next job on my build (spire gtr) is going to be sorting out a fuel tank and getting from there to my engine (09 fireblade). Searching around I have found a fair bit of info on fuel pipes but not a lot on connectors; what do you guys run/what would you recommend? The tank I have been looking at has either an10 or an8 connectors, what is going to be easiest...or should I be sourcing pumps and filters and ordering the tank to suit those?

Im off up to autosport later in the week so ill have a mooch about up there and see if there are any bargains knocking around

Thanks!

Tom

loggyboy - 8/1/14 at 01:01 PM

Why not just use flared pipe ends and tubes?
Then get some good quality clamps as discussed here http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=183725

renetom - 8/1/14 at 05:20 PM

Hi
8mm copper pipe or pipes down the tunnel , flex pipe
to pump & engine, just make sure the pipes are fixed with P clips
every 300 & protected against sharp edges for IVA.
also a good idea is to solder olives to the end of the pipes
jubilee clips behind these & the pipes will never blow off.
Where are you based ?
René

adithorp - 8/1/14 at 07:05 PM

Don't use "Jubilee" (worm drive) clips on fuel hoses. They don't work well on small diameter hoses as the radius can't tighten where the worm drive is, causing 2 pinch pionts and can/will cause fuel leaks. They often fail IVA as well for this reason. You need proper fuel pipe clips.

doobrychat - 8/1/14 at 07:56 PM

8mm copper tube with high pressure flexi fuel hose either end.. i use O ear clips rather than jubilee clips.. looks much more professional..