Board logo

Sierra caliper seals
GregMcN - 30/1/06 at 08:46 PM

Does anyone know if you can buy Sierra caliper seals anywhere. I might only need a dust seal for a rear caliper but my Ford dealer can only offer a full rebuild kit with piston for £58! that's more than a reconditioned caliper (he wants £324 for the full caliper!). Have also looked at a couple of suggestions from posts on here but certainly I can find nothing listed on internet.

Thanks Greg

ed_crouch - 30/1/06 at 08:49 PM

Have you tried www.Burtonpower.com?

Ed.

flak monkey - 30/1/06 at 08:53 PM

www.brakesint.com

Have everything you will need to do anything to the brakes on your car, cheap too. Seal kits are in with the calipers under related items.

David

GregMcN - 30/1/06 at 08:58 PM

I tried the brakes international web site but could not find the 'related items' will try again.

Will have a look at Burton.

Tks Greg

Bluemoon - 30/1/06 at 09:21 PM

Got front ones from local motor factor, lucas parts... Cheap to. Don't know if the rears would be as easy to get but I'd give is a try...

flak monkey - 30/1/06 at 09:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by GregMcN
I tried the brakes international web site but could not find the 'related items' will try again.

Will have a look at Burton.

Tks Greg

Go to shop online, enter sierra and click ford. Select the model from the left hand side. Click rear hydraulics on the right hand side. Find which caliper it is in the list and click 'Associated' (sorry, not related items)

David

RichardK - 30/1/06 at 10:03 PM

I got mine from http://www.biggred.co.uk/ well please was really good value as well but can't remember the actual cost, just need to drop em an email.