Board logo

Seat Runners and IVA
supercat - 10/5/12 at 11:09 AM

Hi All,

I am fitting seat runners for IVA and just trying to decide where to mount them - does anyone know if the part of the runner that bolts to the floor is exposed when the seat is all the way back if the runner will be tested for edge radius? Or should I try and ensure it is covered by the seat?

Cheers,
James

gremlin1234 - 10/5/12 at 12:07 PM

Note the following are “exempted items” the surface of a window, seat controls, seat runners, seat belt locking mechanisms and the vehicle control pedals.

emwmarine - 10/5/12 at 12:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by gremlin1234
Note the following are “exempted items” the surface of a window, seat controls, seat runners, seat belt locking mechanisms and the vehicle control pedals.

Stupid question. I didn't think you needed seat runners for the IVA?

stevegough - 10/5/12 at 12:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by emwmarine
quote:

Correct. (but they can be handy as everyone is not built the same height - I went through IVA with them on)

[Edited on 10/5/12 by stevegough]

supercat - 10/5/12 at 01:05 PM

quote:
quote:

Dodgy wording on my part!

Thanks for the replies chaps.

James

emwmarine - 10/5/12 at 01:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by stevegough
quote:
quote:

Correct. (but they can be handy as everyone is not built the same height - I went through IVA with them on)

[Edited on 10/5/12 by stevegough]

That was the beauty of my plan. Bolt the seats down so my short mate and my missus can't drive the car. Let my mate do a couple of laps in my Lotus elise and it was very nail biting. Not having adjustable seats is a great excuse.

stevegough - 10/5/12 at 01:18 PM

Just been out for a look at mine, even with the seats fully back, the runners aren't in view.