Board logo

SVA Test at Avonmouth on a Tiger Avon.
Ian D - 19/1/08 at 05:46 PM

Bit the bullet and submittted the car yesterday for the SVA.

Drove 15 miles in the wet, in the dark across country to get there. Car worked fine. Test started at 0800 sharp and was finished at 1030.

Failed on one thing my front brake pipes were marginally pinching at full lock. Have ordered some new pipes ready to go on.

The guy doing the test was very good and talked me through it.

BTW Thanks to those who commented on my SVA check pictures. I took your advice and covered the pipe lagging which made the 19mm radius on the dash. It was fine he did not even comment on it.

The 1.8 Zetec passed the emissions with flying colours and would have passed the more stringent rules for engines with a cat.

So its fit the new brake pipes and give him a call to fit me in for a retest. It was a lot less painfull than I had expected.

Ian

Confused but excited. - 19/1/08 at 05:48 PM

Congratulations.

Mark G - 19/1/08 at 05:57 PM

Only 15 miles, you must be pretty close to me then, where abouts in Bristol do you live?

02GF74 - 19/1/08 at 07:00 PM

a good fail if yiu know what i mean. should be on the road to enjoy the lovely rain!!!

onzarob - 19/1/08 at 07:59 PM

Well done, I like your car...allot..I really like the Tiger Avon, seems to get a bit of bad press, but this bucks the trend...great build well done

Thought I would link the pic for you

SVA general car picture
SVA general car picture

John Bonnett - 20/1/08 at 03:07 PM

A very good result Ian, well done.

John