Board logo

Wilwood brake master cylinders
vindicator - 16/7/08 at 08:01 AM

Hi All,

I am after someone in the know who can tell me about bore sizes of brake M/C.

I had a small problem with my brakes and after removing both m/c (with balance bar) and have found that they are marked on the outside as being .625 Wilwood.....

All I can find at motor shops and on the net are .65, .7 & .75 bore size replacements.

Were can I get replacement rubbers etc for .625

If not, can I replace the .625 with .65 and are the threads the same to the brake lines as I don't want to start changing everything......

Regards

//timr.spaces.live.com

blue2cv - 16/7/08 at 08:27 AM

Rally Design are Wilwood agents

skidude88 - 16/7/08 at 09:41 AM

Isn't this wilwood?

Linky

(Doesn't say wilwood on the page, but I got to it selecting wilwood as manufacturer)

I'm only running a tandem, but I think a lot prefer to run different sizes eg .7 to rear and .625 to front, so front lock 1st before having to even setup-fine tune balance bar

linky details

britishtrident - 16/7/08 at 01:12 PM

Somebody will know the answer to this but from a dim and distant corner of my mind ISTR the Wilwood use Girling seals ???????

I also seeem to recall that repro/rip off Girling cylinder copies are available from India very cheaply.

0.625" Girling cylinder used in dual pedal boxes was the master cylinder used on the Hillman Imp clutch & brake (nb not Imp Sport that used 0.7"

The Lucas/Girling part number for the repair kit for
Girling 0.625" master cylinders is SP1963

[Edited on 16/7/08 by britishtrident]

[Edited on 16/7/08 by britishtrident]