Board logo

zx10 mnr first good drive today
jambo - 28/3/09 at 09:37 PM

cold but very good day today as i got my first real go in my 09 plate car.
thanks to chris,marc and all those at mnr for what seems to be a very good ride.
the car feels insane when you put the foot down and i have already seen the shift light twice woo hoo.awesome.
i am strugling to get a map for the engine as i cant find any rolling roads local with experience in bec's to set it up(glasgow area)i am thinking of a trip south to rolling road it just to make sure it gets the correct fueling/air mix.
any recomendations of my nearest?

Dangle_kt - 28/3/09 at 09:42 PM

great news! Fancy writing a bit more detail on how you found it?

I only ask, as this place focuses so much on the building, but not so much on the reward at the end.

With all these cars passing I feel a bit disapointed that there havn't been threads upon threads of people waxing lyrical about the experience.

only asking

[Edited on 28/3/09 by Dangle_kt]

bobs bangers - 28/3/09 at 09:50 PM

Jambo. I had my first good drive today too !! In my zx10r mnr. I drove it back from daytuner 01423 523323. It drives absolutely spot on having been mapped and dyno'd. I drove it for just under an hour and a half on mainly a roads and a little bit of dual carriageway. The car was torquey and certainly powerful. It (or ) I felt a little susceptible to the wind but otherwise very good. Marc had done a great job setting suspension etc. The car felt great in general. It would be well worth the visit to Daytuner but I have included the number above as Damien may be able to help over the phone with some pointers.

Good luck and enjoy the Mnr.

Regards

Robert

bobs bangers - 28/3/09 at 10:14 PM

Dangle

I dont want to hijack jambo's thread but from my own experience. It was honestly a little intimidating. Not the best weather. High winds . Wrapped up like an arctic explorer. Driving through Knaresborough was hard work !! Hesitant town drivers made it awkward. I got stuck behind a Nissan Micra that stalled 3 times at a roundabout in front of me , I thought I was supposed to be the staller ! Next came the open road and effortless acceleration...Yee Haaa. 30 mins into the drive I felt more connected with the car. Mnr have done a superb job at setting the suspension etc so the steering felt crisp and positive. Turning into the corners I could really feal the back end grip as I applied the power. Easy does it with cold damp roads but not a twitch as I pushed it a bit harder. The only complaint came from my girlfriend who said she thought I should brake more. She was following me ....some of the way. I think the real buzz will come at 4pm on a glorious sunny day when I jump in it and blow the cobwebs away. Fora first drive in not ideal conditions it was still a great experience. Just going to get up early tomorrow and polish it !!!

Regards

Robert

Agriv8 - 28/3/09 at 10:38 PM

JAmbo,

What map are you running in the Power comander ? are you still on the SVA map ?

regards

Agriv8

Dangle_kt - 28/3/09 at 11:19 PM

thanks bob, I enjoyed reading that.

quote:
Originally posted by bobs bangers
Dangle

I dont want to hijack jambo's thread but from my own experience. It was honestly a little intimidating. Not the best weather. High winds . Wrapped up like an arctic explorer. Driving through Knaresborough was hard work !! Hesitant town drivers made it awkward. I got stuck behind a Nissan Micra that stalled 3 times at a roundabout in front of me , I thought I was supposed to be the staller ! Next came the open road and effortless acceleration...Yee Haaa. 30 mins into the drive I felt more connected with the car. Mnr have done a superb job at setting the suspension etc so the steering felt crisp and positive. Turning into the corners I could really feal the back end grip as I applied the power. Easy does it with cold damp roads but not a twitch as I pushed it a bit harder. The only complaint came from my girlfriend who said she thought I should brake more. She was following me ....some of the way. I think the real buzz will come at 4pm on a glorious sunny day when I jump in it and blow the cobwebs away. Fora first drive in not ideal conditions it was still a great experience. Just going to get up early tomorrow and polish it !!!

Regards

Robert

jambo - 29/3/09 at 12:46 AM

HI IAIN
i am running a map from there website
i chose map 006,it is listed as a race exhaust and thought it might be best as i am guessing it will be more of a free flow exhaust.
i have tried asking for a map from the lads on here with a zx10 fitted with no luck.
also i only found 2 rolling roads up here but they were not to helpfull as they had no experience with power commander or bec's.
i am more woried about damage than performance and towing it to england is a bit of an ask.

Agriv8 - 29/3/09 at 08:32 AM

running the zx10 from the website is DEFINATLY better than runnibg SVA map.

I dont think you will do any damage running the map of the site but no bec expert.

You need to find a rolling road might be worth having an ask around motor clubs are there any power comander dealer's up there that you could ask ?

regards

Agriv8