Board logo

Anyone building MNR in Bishop?
DarrenW - 28/9/06 at 10:49 AM

I was told last night by 2 lads in Hartlepool that there is a MNR getting built in Bishop Auckland. Anyone know who it is? My home town so interested etc.

Cheers,
Darren.

Agriv8 - 28/9/06 at 10:58 AM

ahh you mean these two

I guess

multi pic
multi pic

sorry about the size its nicked from roberts archive !!!

Regards

Agriv8

DarrenW - 28/9/06 at 11:10 AM

They fit the description for the Hatrlepool 2. Was talking to them last night - very nice people. Was also talking to Skippad with his MK XE16V and also a guy who is building bike engined Mini.

Robert Ryan - 28/9/06 at 08:48 PM

Hi Darren
I met the builder at a show in june I think he had the car on the road for about a year now. He only gave me a phone number but I don't know what I have done with it. I remember he was not on e-mail. I am sure chris or mark will know his name. He was at the hill climb with the wife or girl friend.( hope is was)
hope you find him.

all the best Rob

DarrenW - 29/9/06 at 07:58 AM

Cheers Rob,

It was nice talking to you on Weds night. Great turn out at the meet. Hope the build goes well.

Ill have to keep an eye out for him. Im amazed i havent seen the car out and about when ive been driving around. I dare bet hes seen mine as i use it nearly every day.

marc n - 30/9/06 at 07:35 AM

hi darren he has already built it been on the road for about a year now his name is steve milburn will u2u his number to you this afternoon, he is thinking about building another with a mitsubishi starion turbo in it as the 04 r1 is not powerful enough
if he takes you for a spin make sure you take some clean undies as he grows horns when he gets in the car
also there is another chap local to bishop auckland who is building a zetec powered car
infact there is a whole gagle of cars in your area ( probably 10 ish ) next year we are going to arrange some trackdays with tuition etc / weeekends away and you would be more than welcome to join in

quite possibly a run around portugal too
D

[Edited on 30/9/06 by marc n]

GregMcN - 1/10/06 at 08:20 PM

Hi Darren

I am not in Bishop but not too far away - Barton just outside Darlington. Mine is (still) not on the road yet.

Cheers Greg

DarrenW - 2/10/06 at 11:16 AM

Thanks Marc / Greg.

Barton is quite close to me. Im at Etherley so just a short run to Piercebridge and then up to A1 ish. Hope you are getting on OK.

Im surprised i havent seen the Bishop car about. What colour is it? The name doesnt ring a bell but he cant be far away as the town isnt that big. Not enough power!!! His horns must grow to mammoth proportions when behind the wheel!

roadboy - 6/10/06 at 10:29 AM

We are in Blaydon, not far from the Metrocentre, yopu are welcome to call in anytime you are in the area. Directions are on the website, we are there 7 days a week normally
Cheers
Ian

marc n - 9/10/06 at 08:24 AM

quote:

we are there 7 days a week normally

isnt everyone