Board logo

Photo Request
Colnago_Man - 13/10/06 at 08:13 AM

Hello

Does any one have any pictures of a Vortex in Red, and pictures of the new Windscreen on a car (of any colour)?

Also has anyone fitted a spare wheel carrier to the back of their Vortex?

Trying to decide which options to take with my kit at the moment....

Many Thanks

[Edited on 13/10/06 by Colnago_Man]

smart51 - 13/10/06 at 08:24 AM

I think I've seen a red one but they are rare. Orange seems to be the most popular colour.

As for windscreens, I seen the buck but I don't know if any production screens have been made, let alone fitted. You might be out of luck with photos.

Agriv8 - 13/10/06 at 08:46 AM

closest picture of a red one I can find would be chris's have a look arround his build site.

chris's vortx

the screen is still under development if you email chris at mnr I am sure he will be able to give you an update. Or Marc will post an update

RE the spare wheel most people carry a can of Tyre Mouse if that dosn't work call out the recovery people .

regards

Agriv8

fishywick - 13/10/06 at 09:28 AM

Hi, I'm not really answering your question but I'm in the lakes too. If you are still trying to deceide what to buy give me a ring. I have had different kit cars and mates with them. u2u sent.
Steve

Dillinger1977 - 13/10/06 at 11:53 AM

there is a completely red one knocking about, I had a ride in it at the oulton park trackday. A very nice finish i seem to remember. I've got photos at home somewhere so i'll see if I can dig any out.

TimC - 13/10/06 at 01:05 PM

Yes, there's one guy (Airline Pilot if memory serves me right) who has a fully caged ZX12 engined car. He apparetly uses it to blast around the Nurburgring.

It was at MNR when I was there. E-mail Chris and see if he can send you a photo.

marc n - 13/10/06 at 01:50 PM

quote:

there is a completely red one knocking about, I had a ride in it at the oulton park trackday. A very nice finish i seem to remember. I've got photos at home somewhere so i'll see if I can dig any out.

yep that was richard hills car very nicely built, he sold it at the show and is now building a busa powered vortx

russels car is a zx12 wuith full cage etc forgot to take pics of it last week when it was here

marc n - 13/10/06 at 01:51 PM

next years racecars are going red and black

clutch_kick - 14/10/06 at 03:02 PM

yeah .. I'm interested in the red clour too. If I do descide to go for the Alfa engine it will have to be a mixture of red and black for sure.

Although i'm not too keen on it the Windscreen sounds like a sensible option to avoid debris flying into your face.

RogerL - 15/10/06 at 05:49 AM

I am building a Vortx RT+ with Red Body.
Color is RAL 3002. I like the bright red color.
I will post some pictures.

Winston Todge - 16/10/06 at 05:07 AM

Yeah, mines that RAL 3002 and damn nice it is too! Very pleased with how it turned out. And I think the black tub maks it look a little lower somehow... Maybe that's just me...

This is a photoshopped (from chocky) version of Ian's V8 VortX with the final colouring...

I may even slightly offset the bulge and stripe and may opt for two instead of the one.

All in all the red cetainly looks the biz in my book but may have gone for a black carbon inlay on the arches similar to Marc's orange RT if I had the spare cash!

-

Chris.

marc n - 16/10/06 at 06:26 PM

nearly there chris

orange car is now for sale now my racecar is registered seems a bit greedy having three cars to play with

best regards

marc

Winston Todge - 17/10/06 at 05:27 AM

Ta Marc,

Am seriously enjoying all the touching up at the end of the build. Just spending ages in the garage getting a bracket correct or the routing of a cable. Still waiting for the first startup though. Should be at the end of the week!

Will get some more pictures up on the site soon as that piccie above is about 3 months old!!

Chris.

alex9 - 20/10/06 at 07:36 PM

First go at posting pics....hope it works!!