Board logo

Power Commander - power lead?
GregMcN - 10/12/06 at 08:42 PM

Came to fit my power commander (PCIIIr) which was not new to my 2002/3 R1 and I have a spare wire. It seems to have a power supply lead (free red wire) but I can find no mention of this in the instructions I downloaded. The wire does not look as though it has been added but I have not stripped of all the insulation tape to check for a join.
The model number on the unit is the right one and all the connectors fit.
Has anyone got any ideas?

Thanks Greg

Agriv8 - 10/12/06 at 09:14 PM

Greg long shot but i belive that on some units may have a permentant feed to the power comander. ( rather that having to plug the 9 volt battery in ) so you can set parameters without the engine running espeically usefull to set throttle pot.

would see if anyone else has similar ideas before hooking it up

regards

Agriv8

chockymonster - 10/12/06 at 09:51 PM

definately not there on my pc3-r
I'm wondering if it's something to do with R1's injectors powering down which means you need to use the power adapter.

Trace the wire, the previous owner may have left it powered up all the time

G.Man - 11/12/06 at 09:32 PM

Mine had the extra red cable (zx12r) and it had to be wired to a switched live...

In the manual it was the rear brake light connector

[Edited on 11/12/06 by G.Man]

GregMcN - 14/12/06 at 09:08 PM

Thanks for feedback guys

Bit of a mystery. Wire goes righ back into module, no sign of modification but is not connected to power feed you would get through the 9pin socket. Guess I will just have to try without a power feed and if it does not work risk connecting it up.

Cheers Greg