Board logo

Handbrake Levers
scootz - 8/4/11 at 11:16 AM

Does anyone know of a handbrake lever that has it's mounting flanges vertical? Basically I want a lever just like the Rally Design one below, but without the 90 degree bent mounting flanges.

Cheers

Daddylonglegs - 8/4/11 at 11:23 AM

Can you not drill trough the sides of the brackets that are already there and maybe use a spacer on the front one to clear the lever?

Or tell me to shut up

Or even heat and straighten (carefully) the ones that are there already?

[Edited on 8/4/11 by Daddylonglegs]

scootz - 8/4/11 at 11:24 AM

Possibly... only problem with that is I wouldn't know for sure until I had the handbrake in my hand.

chrsgrain - 8/4/11 at 11:28 AM

Trigger handbrakes have one - here

Beautiful, but not cheap (good value though I think!)

Chris

Humbug - 8/4/11 at 11:53 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Daddylonglegs
Can you not drill trough the sides of the brackets that are already there and maybe use a spacer on the front one to clear the lever?

Or tell me to shut up

Or even heat and straighten (carefully) the ones that are there already?

[Edited on 8/4/11 by Daddylonglegs]

Or drill through and replace the bent brackets with straight ones - easy enough to make from flat bar/plate, I would think?

blakep82 - 8/4/11 at 12:05 PM

angle iron type stuff, fit that to the exisitng brackets, and then that to wherever its going. not the prettiest, but easiest i'd say.

r1_pete - 8/4/11 at 12:07 PM

The one in your picture is almost identical to a MK3 Cortina unit, I remeber fitting one in a Consul Capri to replace the umberella handle type. I'd guess the MK4 is the same, but about as scarce.

Daddylonglegs - 8/4/11 at 12:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by scootz
Possibly... only problem with that is I wouldn't know for sure until I had the handbrake in my hand.

Aha! That would be an advantage I guess

BillHoll - 8/4/11 at 01:19 PM

Metro and MGF have vertical mountings, I am using the metro one in my build. It also has the switch for the telltale light.

big_wasa - 8/4/11 at 02:49 PM

METRO

theconrodkid - 8/4/11 at 08:26 PM

MG midget,all chrome and sexy like

Marcus - 12/4/11 at 10:26 AM

Toyota MR2 gets my vote. Mine's out of s mk1, but I think mk2's are similar

Surrey Dave - 6/7/11 at 01:24 PM

[img][/img]