Board logo

What van for collecting kit?
TimC - 19/1/07 at 04:15 PM

Collect my MNR on the 2nd.

Should I go for a LWB Sprinter or will a LWB transit do the job?

Ta

PeterW - 19/1/07 at 04:27 PM

Sprinter...

Or if you can get one, the Iveco LWB, cos you can get a small town in the back of one of those..!

Pete

numnuts - 19/1/07 at 04:28 PM

Collected mine in a standard sprinter, no problem at all ! The four hour drive each way was not as much fun though .

mike smith1 - 19/1/07 at 04:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by numnuts
Collected mine in a standard sprinter, no problem at all ! The four hour drive each way was not as much fun though .

Thats why i would say a transit, we have new ones at work and they are so easy and nice to drive

Mike

TimC - 19/1/07 at 04:31 PM

Sprinter it is. £120 - £130 seems about right for 48 hours (will pick up the day before).

Anyone know a better source?

James - 19/1/07 at 04:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by numnuts

Think yourself lucky... I went with Conrod when he collected his MK.... in the back of an old Ambulance!!!

It wouldn't go above 50 either!!!

Cheers,
James

Hammerhead - 19/1/07 at 04:42 PM

i just moved house and rather than mess around with hiring a trailer and a car with a tow bar. I used a luton van. My car is a rolling chassis and I had 1" either side of the rear tyres. Lucky!! It was quite heavy.

BenB - 19/1/07 at 05:03 PM

Yup. Rented a Luton for my house move. Bloody massive in there..... Paid about £100 for three days hire from a cheap van hire place in Nottingham....

shades - 19/1/07 at 06:33 PM

I used an IVECO LWB

Danozeman - 20/1/07 at 10:49 AM

Id go with the sprinter or iveco daily lwb. You can never have too much room, but that said, a luton would be too big for your need.

chockymonster - 20/1/07 at 12:42 PM

I hired a LWB transit but it turned out to be a MWB. We found this out at MNR but everything still fitted. It was a joy to drive though, economical too. We cruised back at 75 without a trouble. I'm not sure if the xbox helped pass the time as passenger though

chockymonster - 20/1/07 at 12:46 PM

also, we picked the van up on the monday evening at 5 and had it back by 4 on the tuesday so only 1 day rental. I'm not sure if you can do it the same though but your journey should be about the same as mine