Board logo

Terminator Salvation
scootz - 5/6/09 at 04:50 PM

Save your money... it is indeed every bit as bad as most critics have called it!

mongrelwestie - 5/6/09 at 04:55 PM

I personally enjoyed it but cristian bale was pretty bad, anyone could have done his part better

scootz - 5/6/09 at 05:00 PM

Bale is normally a pretty reliable actor... I agree he was sub-standard in this but honestly just thought the story sucked so badly that any actor would have struggled to impress!

Would have been a perfect vehicle for Keanu 'Wooden' Reeves!

tomprescott - 5/6/09 at 05:17 PM

I thought this was gonna be bad from the get go, T1 and 2 were good, then t3 ruined it, trying to portray amazing gut-ripping action and terror but keeping a 12 rating was never going to work. Thanks for the heads-up.

dinosaurjuice - 5/6/09 at 05:19 PM

the trouble with T3 and salvation, is T2. it was, and still is, such a good film and storyline!

omega0684 - 5/6/09 at 05:49 PM

i knew it was going to be aweful when i saw that it had a 12A rating!!!!!

emsfactory - 5/6/09 at 06:32 PM

I thought it was OK. I was tired though. Amazing what they can show a 12 year old these days!

Simon - 5/6/09 at 07:50 PM

Friend at work saw it last night as wouldn't recommend it!

I'll wait till I can see it for free. It'll be ok then

Star Trek tomorrow

ATB

Simon

DarrenW - 5/6/09 at 08:16 PM

Will never be right without Arnie.

scootz - 5/6/09 at 08:29 PM

That's the big problem T1 was utterly fantastic!

T2 was almost as brilliant. A lot of its success was down to keeping the plot so tight - there weren't all that many "hang-on-a-minute" plot holes in it.

T3 was a bit ropey, but erred (just) on the right side of acceptability.

In the new film it's all about the 'action' scenes. Someone somewhere forgot to develop a tight plot and left loads of "hang-on-a-minute" moments!

No wonder Bale had his big blow-out... he must have been in a right foul mood every day once he started to realize just what a turkey he had signed up for!

james h - 5/6/09 at 09:15 PM

The original is on again tonight at 11.40, BBC1 - I really haven't heard a good review about TS!

motorcycle_mayhem - 5/6/09 at 09:37 PM

Radio One (yep, that wonderfully intellectually critical bunch), gave TS a '2' out of 5, so I guess even a brain cell or two would only reduce that....

OK, so yep, I went to the Cinema (quite a hike), 1st time in 10 years to see Trek, wow, and I am, always, Jim's friend. Loved it.

Ice Age 3 has got to be a must-see!

Simon - 7/6/09 at 07:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Simon
Star Trek tomorrow

Which was every bit as good as I expected

Is it a bit ott quoting ones own posts

ATB

Simon