Board logo

Ryan Giggs .........
woodster - 21/5/11 at 01:37 PM

... Gets my vote as this seasons best Premiership player ...... Who would you vote for ?

Benzine - 21/5/11 at 01:41 PM

Football, football, football...

woodster - 21/5/11 at 01:45 PM

Who mentioned football

BigFaceDave - 21/5/11 at 01:47 PM

I dont know anything about football........ Imogen that............ sorry I mean imagine that! At least we all know who the secret twitterer is now!

woodster - 21/5/11 at 01:51 PM

Craigman9 - 21/5/11 at 02:03 PM

Cheick Tiote

T66 - 21/5/11 at 02:05 PM

"No reply........"

MikeR - 21/5/11 at 02:17 PM

folks, be careful what you say. We don't want to land chris in any trouble and risk this forum. If you want to talk about freedom of speech / super injunctions then please don't mention any names *you* think may be relevant. As for the footy, he's done well but best this season?

JoelP - 21/5/11 at 04:03 PM

fair point mike but i think that so many people are ridiculing Mr giggs that he wouldnt know where to start suing people! Also, it would only be chris' problem if he withheld members details.

daniel mason - 21/5/11 at 04:15 PM

they are all at it. not just him.

snakebelly - 21/5/11 at 04:22 PM

anyway youre wrong i heard it was Bryan Riggs.......:-)

iank - 21/5/11 at 05:30 PM

This thread is a classic demonstration of the Streisand effect

plentywahalla - 21/5/11 at 05:59 PM

One vote for Father Ted ... brilliant

Humbug - 21/5/11 at 06:33 PM

"feck! arse! drink! girls!"

woodster - 21/5/11 at 07:08 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_Giggs

Which seems to have been updated with a bit about a recent news story ..... Near the bottom of the page ...... NTDWM

[Edited on 21/5/11 by woodster]

Peteff - 21/5/11 at 07:44 PM

He shagged her and wants to keep it quiet Man, I'd be bragging to everybody who'd listen

johny p - 21/5/11 at 08:12 PM

football is for overpaid jummped up little faggots.. why the fans treat em like gods is beyond me.. pisses me right off when they are on 200 grand plus a week when we have doctors and surgeons saving little kids lives everyday of the week and only making that a year..

i cant stand the little pricks.. get em on the rugby pitch and see what they are made of.. a proper mans game!!!..

MikeR - 21/5/11 at 09:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by JoelP
fair point mike but i think that so many people are ridiculing Mr giggs that he wouldnt know where to start suing people! Also, it would only be chris' problem if he withheld members details.

I'm no expert on the law but chris is publishing the content and in the uk so bound by uk law, I therefore think he has some liability
. If you want an example look what happened when some people on blatchat had something to say about a company called arrow engineering. Irrespective if you right or wrong you should also consider the person with the biggest pockets often wins legal cases - something tells me the average pocketed can't afford a legal case at the high court. The fact someone is after twitter to get user details should be enough to make you nervous.

Ninehigh - 21/5/11 at 10:22 PM

I'm sure Chris has something in the user agreement that neither he nor the site are responsible for us saying things like "Ryan Giggs can't keep it in his pants" and "I did 120 down the M6 last week while smoking crack"

However how much of our user details does he have? I know the phone number he has on the database (this is the only forum where I had to call someone to register!) is highly likely my old one

PhilCross66 - 21/5/11 at 10:37 PM

I think you are missing an obvious point, how do we know not to talk about him if the injunction he has is secret. It looks like the person on twitter does actually know the details of these injunctions so they are the ones breaking the law.

Triton - 22/5/11 at 07:12 AM

quote:
Originally posted by johny p
football is for overpaid jummped up little faggots.. why the fans treat em like gods is beyond me.. pisses me right off when they are on 200 grand plus a week when we have doctors and surgeons saving little kids lives everyday of the week and only making that a year..

i cant stand the little pricks.. get em on the rugby pitch and see what they are made of.. a proper mans game!!!..

Well said, freedom of speech should be the order of the day.

iank - 22/5/11 at 08:59 AM

quote:
Originally posted by PhilCross66
I think you are missing an obvious point, how do we know not to talk about him if the injunction he has is secret. It looks like the person on twitter does actually know the details of these injunctions so they are the ones breaking the law.

"Allegedly breaking the law" in the spirit of being cautious about throwing accusations around.

scootz - 22/5/11 at 09:32 AM

quote:
Originally posted by PhilCross66

That's my understanding... none of us on here are bound to the gagging order. It concerns newspaper reporting - not idle gossip on a car-building website.

The 'twitter' users are apparently journalists.

scootz - 22/5/11 at 02:17 PM

Who knew that Imogen Thomas has had a secret career as a stand up comic!?

Apparently she's been doing giggs in manchester for over six months.

Craigman9 - 22/5/11 at 02:24 PM

like it

MikeR - 22/5/11 at 02:45 PM

One thing i do know is under UK law you can not disclaim your liabilities. When you see a sign in a car park saying the owners are not liable etc ..... if they are liable under law, irrespective of what the sign says they are actually liable. The sign is an attempt to get people not to sue and to try and give them room to wiggle when you do sue....... bearing in mind the rule of thumb previously said about the law and the depth of your pocket.

Hey ho ............ I'll leave this thread to run its course

woodster - 22/5/11 at 02:58 PM

It looks like his lawyers will be making a mint out of him if he sues everyone talking about him on the web, add wikipedia to the list along with google, Twitter and facebook ....... A newspaper in Spain has printed the story on the web .... If I was him I'd be a man about it and come clean .. So to speak

iank - 22/5/11 at 04:37 PM

Sunday Herald has apparently identified the player.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13491086
http://twitpic.com/50z730

Humbug - 22/5/11 at 06:20 PM

Yes, it's in the Sunday Herald

Apparently superinjunctions don't apply under Scottish law

mangogrooveworkshop - 23/5/11 at 11:43 AM

quote:

So true .....

MikeFellows - 23/5/11 at 12:20 PM

So Ryan Giggs banged a glamour model behind his wifes back (allegedly), takes out a super injunction to stop his invasion of privacy.

Then asks a court to force twitter to reveal the private details of its members, in itself an invasion of privacy.

so we have privacy v privacy, what a load of horse shit.

im no football fan, but i dont see the relevance to football being banded around on here. 'put a football player on a rugby pitch - blah blah', how about put a rugby player in the octagon and see what they are made of?, works with all sports, all the way up to bare knuckle street fights!

blakep82 - 23/5/11 at 12:28 PM

quote:

don't rugby players try and put each other off in scrums, by sticking their fingers in each others bums, and grabbing each others balls?

http://www.break.com/usercontent/2007/10/leon-pryce-ball-grab-376678
http://www.vidmax.com/video/6762/Rugby_player_sticks_his_finger_up_opponent_s_ass/

seems a bit homo to me

anyway, given half a chance at imogen thomas....

scootz - 23/5/11 at 04:38 PM

FINALLY OUT IN THE OPEN LINKY

Yazza54 - 23/5/11 at 04:52 PM

To be honest, if I'd been giving her one, I'd be taking a super duper injunction out on anyone who said it wasn't me.

jollygreengiant - 23/5/11 at 05:08 PM

So, now that everyone alledgedly knows the name of the person named in the super-injunction, football in manchester could get interesting. For instance;

Manchester will no longer be able to list him in the team side.

Should he get on the field then the commentators would not be able to mention his name, 'and the ball has been passed to, I sorry we can't tell you who, and we definately CAN'T tell you that he has just scored.'

The post office won't be able to handle any of his mail.

None of his sponsors or people that pay his wages will be able to pay him, although as far as most of us are concerned he probably has enough money.

and so it could go on.

Humbug - 23/5/11 at 05:29 PM

Ryan Giggs Ryan Giggs Ryan Giggs! I can say the name now because it has been said in parliament and on the news

Ninehigh - 23/5/11 at 10:25 PM

Were we not allowed to say the Ryan Giggs cheated on his wife? Damn, if only this information was in the news somehow...

spiderman - 24/5/11 at 01:47 AM

Who is Ryan Giggs? Is he a locostbuilder I can't find his profile. Yawn!!!!!!!!

David Jenkins - 24/5/11 at 07:06 AM

quote:
Originally posted by spiderman
Who is Ryan Giggs? Is he a locostbuilder I can't find his profile. Yawn!!!!!!!!

I believe that he gets paid to kick a bladder around a park... allegedly.