Board logo

insulated garage roofs
dave r - 29/12/12 at 09:41 PM

anyone got any recommendations for this sort of stuff?

suppliers etc ?

been looking at the people in the link, and delivery tips the job into expensive

garage that needs a new rook is 3m by 8

FuryRebuild - 29/12/12 at 10:02 PM

Kingspan - you can buy it from any builder's merchant. It's terrific and if you splash the boat out and go 6" or 8" thick you'll really feel the benefit.

I have that and a rubber floor and the garage is perfectly sensible this winter.

stevegough - 29/12/12 at 10:23 PM

Spraybonded mine.... (45sq metres) £1200, but you can buy the stuff to DIY, but it isn't terribly easy.

Brilliant solution
Brilliant solution
Expensive, but effective.
Expensive, but effective.
Description
Description
Description
Description
Description
Description

Absolutely fantastic insulation - the roof is corrugated metal and the condensation was horrendous in anything below 5 degrees!

[Edited on 29/12/12 by stevegough]

GreigM - 29/12/12 at 10:27 PM

I just put loft floor boards between the rafters and filled the gap above with standard loft insulation - made a huge difference

steve m - 30/12/12 at 12:52 AM

I used normal loft insulation, that was silver foil wrapped.
held in place by string stapled to the rafters,

I also covered the inside of the garage door with silver foiled insulation

the silver foil also improved the lighting as reflective,

steve

Mikef - 30/12/12 at 08:36 AM

I have used Stirling board, and Kingspan. has worked very well. the Stirling board is waterproof, but you do need to leave a small gap between the boards for expansion.

splitrivet - 30/12/12 at 10:15 AM

I left the old roof in place battened it externally with CLS then used loft insulation and then box profile cladding over that. Looked at insulated cladding but it was daft money, my garage is a big double with a bit at the back, the job would have cost about £600 all in but installed a Phone system for the sheeting supplier that he had so it cost 3/4 day labour.
Cheers,
Bob

rdodger - 30/12/12 at 11:12 AM

Search for Kingspan on ebay. There are large job lots of boards being sold as seconds for a very good price!

hillbillyracer - 30/12/12 at 11:16 AM

Mine is box profile tin roof, 6" wood purlings on a steel frame, much as large sheds are built. I lined the underside of the purlings with 1/2 chipboard & the 6" gap between it & tin filled with 8" rockwool type loft insuation. Cheap & a big difference but if a bit more labour intensive & unpleasant to install than the likes of kingspan if that matters.

dave r - 31/12/12 at 09:49 PM

existing roof is buggered, this stuff looks cost effective to felt, as it will be a complete new roof needed

wondered if anyone had fitted it before