Board logo

Jethro Tull
Mix - 3/3/06 at 08:20 PM

Just like to say that I attended the opening concert of Tull's (apostrphe?), UK tour.
Words cannot express how good it was. For anyone who remembers the 'old (Aqualung) Tull' I strongly advise you to try and see this.
The man is a genius and the sound reproduction at Perth concert hall was superb.

Oh dear....!!! I'm having a senior moment

Mick

[Edited on 3/3/06 by Mix]

Gav - 3/3/06 at 08:48 PM

Must admit i have been listening quite a bit to Jethro Tull, mostly because ive only just found them! i quite like that minstrals in the gallery track and acres wild although the lyric are quite odd for that!

Mix - 3/3/06 at 09:00 PM

If you havn't already....listen to Thick As A Brick and persevere with Passion Play.

Classics that make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up......Oooppps an unintentional Tull reference

Mick

[Edited on 3/3/06 by Mix]

SixedUp - 3/3/06 at 09:51 PM

I came to them late, but always loved "Crest of a Knave". Fantastic lyrics, with a hint of Knopfler from the guitar sound.
Cheers
Richard

Chippy - 3/3/06 at 10:13 PM

Now there's a blast from the past, and all written about a guy called Ray Lomas, Triumph motor bikes, stealing taxis, quize shows, all good stuff. And the tunes aren't bad either. With my best regards to you all, Ray Lomas. and yes I am the same one.

dnmalc - 3/3/06 at 10:14 PM

superb band!!!!! If there new to people living in the past, witches promise and life's a long song are absolute musts.

RazMan - 3/3/06 at 11:09 PM

Ahhhh doesn't it just wanna make you stand on one leg and play the flute?

Fatgadget - 4/3/06 at 03:35 AM

Thick as a brick,the Robin Hood of Highgate and eyes little girls with bad intent?...Man should be locked up!

caber - 4/3/06 at 07:09 AM

And I used to work for them as lighting designer. I have lost count of the number of shows I did for them between 84 and 2002!

Caber

caber - 4/3/06 at 07:09 AM

And I used to work for them as lighting designer. I have lost count of the number of shows I did for them between 84 and 2002!

Caber

Noodle - 4/3/06 at 09:43 AM

Saw them a couple of years ago in Wolves.

Huge variety in ages attending and they put on a good show.

The "Stand Up" album (1969) and Skating Away (a Christian song oddly enough) are my favourites.

I prefer them in their pagan-folk genre.

Cheers,

Neil.

chriscook - 5/3/06 at 08:51 PM

Random info - there's a Jethro Tull cafe in Dunedin New Zealand (South island) where eveything on the menu is named after a Jethro Tull song.

Had lunch there once but i can't remember what i had.

Mix - 6/3/06 at 07:31 AM

Not 'One Brown Mouse' I hope

Mick

[Edited on 6/3/06 by Mix]

locogeoff - 6/3/06 at 12:51 PM

There something for everone in their portfolio, cannot pick up the guitar without murdering at least one of their songs...

Found this whilst surfing

Lyrics