Board logo

avi to dvd converters
omega0684 - 28/6/07 at 07:59 PM

hey there guys

right i need your help, just downloaded a movie and its an avi, i need to convert to dvd (vob) files so that i can burn to disc, i usually use dvd santa v4 but it keeps coming up that the program keeps incurring an error and has to close,

do any of you know any other programs i can use to convert avi to dvd files, that are free of course! eg that i can get from torrentsites etc

RichieW - 28/6/07 at 08:07 PM

VSO divxtodvd is free (well version 0.5.2.99 is) I use it for torrents that my girlfriend wants to watch as she only has an old dvd player.

There are later versions out there to buy but I prefered the last free version myself.

Bear in mind it may be your AVI file thats up the spout and not not dvd santa thas playing up.

rjbrookes - 28/6/07 at 08:08 PM

i had one but cant remember what it was called....i just googled it... add shareware to the search...think thats how i did it

russ

RazMan - 28/6/07 at 08:12 PM

Winavi is a good little prog, although not very Vista friendly at the moment.

BenB - 28/6/07 at 08:21 PM

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/FAVC

could do the job....

Hellfire - 28/6/07 at 08:35 PM

Mainconcept MPEG Encoder... brilliant.

Then use NERO to burn the MPG straight onto a DVD (it complies it's own VOB's and Ifo's

Steve

coozer - 28/6/07 at 08:43 PM

I use ConvertXdvd on my Vista machine and its excellent. No problems converting ANY file to dvd and burning with Nero.

Go for it!

cerbera - 28/6/07 at 10:06 PM

Avi2dvd then burn image with DVDdecrypter