Board logo

Top Gear
DIY Si - 25/7/07 at 08:02 PM

Well, someone had to kick a thread off!
I for one really enjoyed that! Goes to show just what technology can do these days.
Your thoughts boy and girls.

myeates - 25/7/07 at 08:06 PM

absolutely fantastic bezarre as it may sound i would like to go give it ago

Duncan_P - 25/7/07 at 08:07 PM

It was interesting...

But recently i can't help thinking what a t@@t Clarkson is.

I couldn't believe how naive they were about the dangers... walking higher in the Brecon Beacons in the winter can be dangerous so to be un-aware of the dangers is a little naive.

Anyway..... the guy pushing Clarkson into the water was one of the best TV moments of late

[Edited on 25/7/07 by Duncan_P]

DIY Si - 25/7/07 at 08:11 PM

About time Clarkson got something back at him. Anyone else spot the credits?

MikeR - 25/7/07 at 08:22 PM

Loved the show but ....

Disgusted they shot the spam (if they did) in the middle of an unspoilt wilderness - for that they deserve a complete kicking, bollocking and worse

Droping the fuel - well, i'd quite happily see them personally fined and spend a month in jail.

I'm being harsh but for gods sake - they shouldn't be allowed to trash the one place we've got left that is pretty much unspoilt.

As for the show, laughed out loud a number of times, as i said i loved it. I just get a smidgen annoyed by the production when they say things like, "i decided i had to go for it" and then they show about 10 differernt camera angles which means they've obviously set it up! i know, i know i need to get over it.

Still great show - wish hammond had won.

Duncan_P - 25/7/07 at 08:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MikeR
wish hammond had won.

Ditto, i was a bit gutted he didnt

DIY Si - 25/7/07 at 08:32 PM

I thought it was a bit harsh of them to ring him, you could see it broke him completely. I can't imagine what he went through.

ned - 25/7/07 at 08:54 PM

DOH just realised I missed it, even though I read this thread earlier! Anyone know when it's repeated so I can set my sky+ ?

cheers.

designer - 25/7/07 at 08:55 PM

Don't forget, it's TV NOT real liFe!!!!!!!!!!

Mark Allanson - 25/7/07 at 09:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by designer
Don't forget, it's TV NOT real liFe!!!!!!!!!!

At last, clear thoughts!!

Great entertainment though

adithorp - 25/7/07 at 09:19 PM

But Hammond could get home.

Adrian

greggors84 - 25/7/07 at 09:38 PM

Sunday 8pm Ned.

I missed it too!

RazMan - 25/7/07 at 10:26 PM

I now look at these 'specials' as nothing more than trivial entertainment. The whole thing was made to look like it was just the dynamic duo taking on the wrath of the North Pole and the trained professional back up team is conveniently out of shot 99.9% of the time. I can't believe that JC and JM actually did much of the digging when things got hairy, and the staged crashes were a bit obvious imo.
Having said that it was good fun - I loved the trick with the lighter fuel and the flat tyre

The Hampster really looked as if he was having a rough time though.

[Edited on 25-7-07 by RazMan]

bpgoa - 25/7/07 at 11:01 PM

when you are in places like that... up a big hill... extremes of the earth... everyone gets it... yes i do expect they got a lot of help... but they still had to be there and that's no mean feat... Le hamster.. well.. didn't he run 16 miles home the other night... some benefit of his polar training maybe... and yip ... great entertainment

Danozeman - 26/7/07 at 05:32 AM

I thought it was good. Some of it looked staged though.

Hamster looked like a broken man when they rung him to say they were there. They should have shwon him arrive aswell.

Well done to all the sir ranulph's.

DaveFJ - 26/7/07 at 07:49 AM

I thought it amusing when the special forces bloke pushed Clakson into the water.... You saw him trying to say 'How dare you!' but he was to cold...

very good and mucho admiration for the Hamster - there is no denying he had it bloody hard! BUT I must admit that the other two annoyed the tits off me at times! they seemed to fail to get the seriousness of where they were going and you could see Sir Ranulph was NOT impressed!
And why, when they new it was going to be stupid, did clarkson decide to 'go for it'. You could tell James May really was annoyed with him!
good fun though...

Peteff - 26/7/07 at 09:35 AM

He's not real, he's a puppet. Someone works his face His guide was a girl so it can't have been that tough. (Oh no, did I say that aloud). It was funny though wasn't it, with the G&T and the Chablis and all that.

Agriv8 - 26/7/07 at 12:06 PM

As entertainment excellent.

If it was Too Dangerous / The production company would not have got insurance for the 3 on screen ( or the people behind the Camera ) and I dont belive that they would have done it without .

And yes alot of it will have been staged / re-enacted once the camera equipment was rolling

I do think it got to Clarkson though you could see it in his eye's.

Hamster has gone up in my estimation that after the crash ect - Ect the lad must have some stamina.

I was impressed with the Toyota's they looked to take a pasting.

regards

Agriv8