Board logo

F1 spoiler.
jollygreengiant - 2/11/08 at 06:49 PM

What a race talk about a nail biter.
Now lets wait and see about any FIA cards that get played.

Well done Hamilton.

[Edited on 2/11/08 by jollygreengiant]

rb968 - 2/11/08 at 06:50 PM

Wow ! Well done Lewis. Great finish!

Paul TigerB6 - 2/11/08 at 06:50 PM

I'm sure Ferrari will complain about Glock going too slow!!!!

blakep82 - 2/11/08 at 06:51 PM

rain light stayed on while it was dry... sure to lose points for that...

blakep82 - 2/11/08 at 06:52 PM

can't put his steering wheel on. disqualifyable offence...

thepest - 2/11/08 at 06:53 PM

Great race

matt.c - 2/11/08 at 06:56 PM

Did you see him sh*t himself when he couldnt put the wheel back on!

Well done that man!

BenB - 2/11/08 at 06:57 PM

Car on front caught fire- sure they could dock some points for that!!!

eznfrank - 2/11/08 at 06:58 PM

Didn't win by his own steam. Completely unjust win!!!

Paul TigerB6 - 2/11/08 at 07:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by eznfrank

How do you work that out?? He passed Glock who had zero grip to get 5th that he needed after losing it to Vettel who had more grip than Lewis.

Suppose you are going to say that Massa won at Spa under his own steam now then are you??????????

Typical Ferrari fan bitterness - are you sure you arent Brazilian?????

orton1966 - 2/11/08 at 07:02 PM

Although good to see Hamilton take the tittle, seeing a car drop 18 plus seconds in one lap makes you wonder why!

l0rd - 2/11/08 at 07:03 PM

I am so dissapointed. WHY couldn't it be Jenson in his place.

Yes i can say i am an ANTI Hammilton fan as much as i was an Anti Schumacher fan.

001Ben - 2/11/08 at 07:03 PM

well done Lewis a championship win thats well deserved.

hellbent345 - 2/11/08 at 07:05 PM

haha truly, i think glock was very sportsmanly but what the hell was hamilton doing losing that place to vettel in the closing stages anyway!!
on another note, giggedy gig at hamilton and nicole scherzinger or however you spell her name! lucky get

Werner Van Loock - 2/11/08 at 07:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by orton1966
Although good to see Hamilton take the tittle, seeing a car drop 18 plus seconds in one lap makes you wonder why!

being on slicks while it's pissing down in a the last lap makes you lose 20 seconds, teammate trulli was also on slicks and also lost 20 secs in last lap and he was behind hamilton

anyway, funny to see everyone forgot about glock untill he showed up behind hamilton on the board

congrats Lewis

Paul TigerB6 - 2/11/08 at 07:09 PM

Well done Massa in the interview for saying "the race finishes at the chequered flag, and thats racing"

orbital - 2/11/08 at 07:12 PM

quote:

What complete toss!!!

Lewis has been fighting Ferrari and the FIA all season!! Ferrari won half of their points with the help of the steward’s ffs!!

Pi$$ed myself when the Ferrari pit crew all started jumping around thinking they'd won it. Best comedy moment of the year!!

I started the year not really caring about Ferrari one way or the other, but after this season I really do hate them with a passion. That crowd was disgraceful in its treatment of the not just Lewis but his whole family. You'll never get that from a Silverstone crowd, they should be ashamed of themselves.

Cheers

Dave

Werner Van Loock - 2/11/08 at 07:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by orbital
quote:

What complete toss!!!

Lewis has been fighting Ferrari and the FIA all season!! Ferrari won half of their points with the help of the steward’s ffs!!

Pi$$ed myself when the Ferrari pit crew all started jumping around thinking they'd won it. Best comedy moment of the year!!

I started the year not really caring about Ferrari one way or the other, but after this season I really do hate them with a passion. That crowd was disgraceful in its treatment of the not just Lewis but his whole family. You'll never get that from a Silverstone crowd, they should be ashamed of themselves.

Cheers

Dave

Before the race they showed some footage of people running around in the streets with signs telling Barrichello to hit hamilton, what is this world coming to if public opinion just accepts stuff like this

K999NNY - 2/11/08 at 07:24 PM

Well done Lewis, a very justified title what with the FIA penalties verging on ridiculous and the fact that he did not recieve as much assistance from his team mate throughout the season as Massa did. Both fantastic drivers but in my opinion Hamilton is a deserved champion.

RickRick - 2/11/08 at 07:31 PM

i'm sort of a hamilton supporter, but that was such an exciting finish it wouldn't have mattered who won, hat's off to massa though there was nothing more than that he could do, perfect race for him, hamilton got very lucy at the end

johnston - 2/11/08 at 07:53 PM

Anyone got any links to the ferrari pit crew reactions????

Not really a F1 fan no more but watched that one glad i did bernie and max couldnt have wrote that if they tried!!!

When Vittel went past , had visions of hamilton becoming another nearly man mansell

Paul TigerB6 - 2/11/08 at 07:59 PM

Lat lap or so plus the pit reactions

Click on "last lap drama"

[Edited on 2/11/08 by Paul TigerB6]

LBMEFM - 2/11/08 at 08:01 PM

Nigel Mansell won a world championship, not nearly. He had more skill and determination than Hamilton and the current "celebraties" will ever have. So there.

andrews_45 - 2/11/08 at 08:04 PM

quote:

Sorry, but give the lad credit, he has been up against the wall with the FIA and the pressure. Well done Lewis, he is a role model for so many kids [and adults] never been filmed out while drunk, never been rude always polite and best of all he's brittish.

Well done lewis, the boy done good!!

EDITED TO REMOVE EXPLETIVES

[Edited on 2/11/08 by andrews_45]

omega 24 v6 - 2/11/08 at 08:24 PM

quote:

SOUR GRAPES mate. only last race that kimi let Massa by so what goes around and all that.
Gotta agree at the ferrari garage comedy when it Suddenly dawned on them that they'd been premature.
Quite an interesting season all told but only because the FIA kept it alive with some ludicrous decisions. Otherwise it'd be finished by September.

andrews_45 - 2/11/08 at 08:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by omega 24 v6
quote:

SOUR GRAPES mate. only last race that kimi let Massa by so what goes around and all that.
Gotta agree at the ferrari garage comedy when it Suddenly dawned on them that they'd been premature.
Quite an interesting season all told but only because the FIA kept it alive with some ludicrous decisions. Otherwise it'd be finished by September.

Sour Grapes is one way to put it

Wasn't it great to see the Hamilton camp happy for once,
At least the previous decisions have been laid to rest,
Nobody expected a finish like that,
Kimi Raikonnen didn't look too happy,
Everybody should be proud of our British Champ,
Ron Dennis had tears in his eyes

eznfrank - 2/11/08 at 08:41 PM

Not sure how it's sour grapes when I'm a Hamilton fan and suited for the lad, I would have just liked to see a "cleaner" win that's all.

johnston - 2/11/08 at 09:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by LBMEFM
Nigel Mansell won a world championship, not nearly. He had more skill and determination than Hamilton and the current "celebraties" will ever have. So there.

Oh dont get me wrong i was a mansell man still love watching clips on you tube against piquet and senna, its what F1 is missing these days, but look how long it took him and the near misses, 86 for a start. I just had visions of hamilton getting so close just for something to wrong at last hurdle

The itv video link wont work for me says no available outside the UK. Didn't know we in N.I. had been got rid off

[Edited on 2/11/08 by johnston]

bigpig - 2/11/08 at 09:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Paul TigerB6
Lat lap or so plus the pit reactions

Click on "last lap drama"

[Edited on 2/11/08 by Paul TigerB6]

It was one the funniest bits of F1 racing ever. They looked like someone had stolen their puppy.

eznfrank - 3/11/08 at 01:36 AM

quote:
Originally posted by andrews_45
quote:
quote:

Yeah mate, I'm a "wanker" for having an opinion. Feel free to not agree with me, feel free to ram your own opinion right down my throat, feel free to gather evidence to prove that I am totally wrong....... but calling some one a wanker on here for daring to share their opinion is not really in the spirit of the forum.

RK - 3/11/08 at 03:02 AM

Can we close this before it gets out of hand?

andrews_45 - 3/11/08 at 01:21 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by andrews_45
quote:
quote:

Yeah mate, I'm a "wanker" for having an opinion. Feel free to not agree with me, feel free to ram your own opinion right down my throat, feel free to gather evidence to prove that I am totally wrong....... but calling some one a wanker on here for daring to share their opinion is not really in the spirit of the forum.

I was not expressing my opinion on the race, just merely coming online to show my admiration for what the lad has done. I have not commented on any of the other things that have gone off during the season, just wanted to state a congratulations to him. You neither stated any opinion on his driving skill or the factors that happened, thus resulting in him becoming Champion. However he now is champion, sorry to see the sadness in the Massa camp, but hey! Thats sport. But when you come out [on every thread on the forum about the said race] with the same ignorant and (quite frankly) wrong statement, it tends to wind people up. Why not start a thread up about how Lewis is not a worthy champion? I'd be quite happy to discuss things on a thread like that. But why try and wind people up on all of the other threads like that???

Oh, and for what it is worth... ignorant comments like that then lead me to forming an opinion and commenting on what a person has said

02GF74 - 4/11/08 at 09:24 AM

Lewis H is a wrothy champ, no doubt about it; he almost won it last years and looking at his part history before F1 it is clear he was going on to do big things.

Let's not forget Massa - he did everything he could do to try to clinch the title - went all out ot get pole (?) and also to win the race.

It is most unfortunate the decisions made by FIA detracted from the racing.