Board logo

Zetet 45 carb CO%
timex - 18/12/06 at 02:27 PM

Just spent an hour trying to set up twin dellorto 45`s to meet SVA using a GUNSON CO% tester but cant get them set lean anouthe without engine sounding realy rough? Sound so smooth when they are set way too rich?

numnuts - 18/12/06 at 04:05 PM

this is the only way i could get mine to run . Had to take it to sva rich and then lean it out whilst hooked up to the machine. I then re adjusted and drove home . I was never able to get 45's to run correctly and have now changed to throttle bodies which are

timex - 19/12/06 at 01:15 PM

There must be a way of seting them up tho. IE, smaller jets n that. Geting a reading of 8% CO but runs so well at that but way too rich!!!!!!!!!

Stu16v - 19/12/06 at 06:44 PM

More often than not, it is because the progression drillings are nowhere near the butterflies at idle speed, and a very rich mixture masks the problem...

numnuts - 19/12/06 at 09:25 PM

i've had mine on the rolling road twice what we found was the car would not idle at anything below 7%. what we then found was as it went through the rev range it leaned right out to nothing and a large flat spot . I was told by the guy at the rolling road that as stated the progression holes were not correct . I had payed £1,500 for complete weber alpha set up . As soon as i had passed sva they came off and fitted throttle bodies .

Stu16v - 19/12/06 at 10:36 PM

Yup, about right that...