Board logo

Another first drive
squarefour - 16/3/05 at 06:13 PM

A lurker here, finally moved to spout off.

It went great.

Brake lights didn’t work, but that’s because the rear brakes weren’t working, due to misadjusted brake bias adjuster.

It stopped pretty decent without the rears.

Pretty loud, but my ears didn’t ring, I’ll consider that acceptable.

Handled our dirt road pretty good.

Nothing fell off.

I know, I have one or two things to do on it, but I can get it licensed here in California the way it sits. It's already been approved by our Highway Patrol. That doesn't mean I wouldn't get many citations if I took it out in public...

http://locostbuilders.co.uk/photos.php?action=showphoto&photo=my_first_drive.jpg

squarefour - 16/3/05 at 06:41 PM

Let's try this...

[img]/upload/my_first_drive.jpg[/img]

Ben_Copeland - 16/3/05 at 08:19 PM

There you go
Description
Description

[Edited on 16/3/05 by Ben_Copeland]

OX - 16/3/05 at 09:55 PM

cool,its missing something tho i just cant tell what

richijenkin - 17/3/05 at 02:50 PM

Nice!!! Looks like you live out in the sticks over there dude??

locoboy - 17/3/05 at 02:56 PM

Just having a look through Squarefour's photo archive because it looks like a nice build he has going on there,

Now there must have been an easier,cheaper and less time consuming way to remove coil springs.

Description
Description

Dont take this the wrong way im not having a dig it just looks mental

squarefour - 17/3/05 at 05:24 PM

Thanks, all.

Yes, it's the sticks. Even have to pump our water out of the ground. But a 45 minute commute to the job in LA (SF Valley, actually).

Hey I got that spring install procedure from this very forum. It's just nobody else was shameless enough to make a picture of it

It was great fun watching the plastic ties slowly stretch after removing the compressor. I had about 3 minutes to throw the spring on the shock and tighten the adjuster. I know because I took too long once and they stretched too much, had to put the compressor back on and retighten all the ties.

Yes, I felt pretty mental while doing this...