Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: What are these complete idiots up to!
John.Taylor

posted on 5/3/09 at 01:48 PM Reply With Quote
Don't go thinking it will help people with index linked mortgages, it will do sweet FA as they all have a floor which they don't go below and which was reached some time ago. Our Nationwide one was 2.75% (most are 3%) but ours was then cut to 2.5% out of good will.
Liam

posted on 5/3/09 at 07:19 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by John.Taylor
Don't go thinking it will help people with index linked mortgages, it will do sweet FA as they all have a floor which they don't go below and which was reached some time ago. Our Nationwide one was 2.75% (most are 3%) but ours was then cut to 2.5% out of good will.

My tracker has no floor at all so I'm laughing. This 'credit crunch' has yet to do me any harm fortunately. Instead I'm able to save for my wedding, after which I'll be able to start overpaying my mortgage. Yipee.

Liam

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Jon Ison

posted on 5/3/09 at 07:40 PM Reply With Quote
Didn't here many savers moaning when interest rates where high ?

Interest paid on savings by people paying interest on mortgages etc.....

Two sides to every coin ?

BTW I have more saved than I owe so no I don't have a vested interest in low interest rates, but anyone who can afford not to take advantage of lower mortgage repayments should make hay whilst they can, never been a better time to knock years off your mortgage.

David Jenkins

posted on 5/3/09 at 08:13 PM Reply With Quote
Well, I have worked hard a fair bit of my life so that I can end up with no debts and a fair bit of savings - so I am unimpressed...

[Edited on 5/3/09 by David Jenkins]

Fozzie

posted on 5/3/09 at 08:33 PM Reply With Quote
The only stock markets making any decent gains today given the global climate, are the Asian Pacific and South Americas......

I have a Flexible Mortgage to which I have always overpaid..... nearly finished it now, and whacking in a bit extra.... (don't have any other debts), so I feel fortunate that I can.....

When I was studying Economics and Commerce (a long time ago admittedly), I was told that the subject was like composing an essay, you have to have (think through) the beginning, middle and conclusion of the 'story'...... why oh why does this government/financial institution only ever think as far as the 'beginning' with everything they meddle with...

Fozzie

'Racing is Life!...anything before or after is just waiting'....Steve McQueen

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.