Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Wasps nest in house
MautoK

posted on 24/6/09 at 06:21 PM Reply With Quote
Get some benefit from your council tax and call the local council. They should have an exterminator on the books or know of someone with appropriate skills to collect & dispose of the critters.

He's whittling on a piece of wood. I got a feeling that when he stops whittling, something's gonna happen. (OUATITW/Cheyenne)

James

posted on 24/6/09 at 06:32 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Peteff

If she's coming round I'll help you. Get me a garden hose and I'll suck them out through it, that should impress anyone.

Get some vinegar ready for if you get stung, it takes the pain out of them as they are caustic.

[Edited on 24/6/09 by Peteff]

That's very generous of you!

I'm sure she'll come round and help if I ask nicely!

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

iank

posted on 24/6/09 at 06:42 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ashg
quote:
Originally posted by iank
<jumpers for goal posts>
We used to make a wasp trap as kids.

Jam jar 3/4 full of sugar+honey+water mix, bit of tin foil fixed over the top with an elastic band and a pencil hole n the foil.

Leave it at the end of the garden and a few days later and it would be full of wasp bodies.
</jumpers>

dont do this as it can trap honey bee's which are already in very low numbers

More a reminiscence than a serious suggestion - it attracts them from far and wide anyway so no use to get rid of them - but your point is taken!

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.